Active Topics

what the...

hope there is a spare part that can switch around the keys or get a uk/us replacement when i get the device

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
I'm more or less in the same boat with the Italian keyboard. I'm considering ordering from the UK to save me the hassle and the cost of getting the keyboard replaced if at all possible.

Do any of you think there's a chance that UK qwertys will be sold in non-uk countries? I'm sure there's some demand for this...

well i just can't wait for that im gonna have the device as soon as i can and then i will figure out what the hell todo with the keys :-)

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark
Considering it is linux at its core, wouldent it be possible to make a keyboard layout (the software part, that interprets keypresses) quite easily, that switches Æ and Ø?
Though ofcourse the labels on the keys would still be "reversed".

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hrmf, nokia should get working on e-ink keyboards...

see bitcrusher thats the thing yeah the label would still, but to the start switching in the software would be the way to go

Originally Posted by bitcrusher View Post
Considering it is linux at its core, wouldent it be possible to make a keyboard layout (the software part, that interprets keypresses) quite easily, that switches Æ and Ø?
Though ofcourse the labels on the keys would still be "reversed".
Yes, it's a simple matter of running 'xmodmap' with the layout you want. As you say, the visible labels is the only problem.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
You may consider buying Polish device, as the layout (programmer's layout) is a fairly standard one:

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark
I just saw the problems the italians/germans are having with they UP/DOWN keys, and here I am complaining about two swapped keys!
I'll stick with the nordic edition, as long as it's just a visual thing... as soon as I/someone figures out to remap the keys

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Yes, of course you can remap the keys. I guess you could also order a different set of keys if you wanted. What comes out when you click them is up to you.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.