Active Topics

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by mobileflo View Post
Think amazon is a fake...
Most likely it is. A qwertz without umlauts would be a strange sight indeed...

Well, at least we have now some idea what to expect here in Switzerland too. Not perfect, must say, those sacrificed arrow keys might prove to be annoying - but on the other hand, the Scandinavian layout is similar and they can cope with it.

Too bad that there's no dedicated comma key though.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Damed... ********!

Okay, end of hope. The Amazon Picture is a fake.

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Where's the dvorak layout. That's really the one thing I would like to see... But I'm guessing setxkbmap and a few custom labels on the keys would work as well
I'm sure you're as used to as I am typing on a qwerty keyboard with a dvorak layout in software, ho hum

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I dont know yet if its worth 60eur to have a EU, qwerty but here you could buy it!

http://www.expansys.de/d.aspx?i=188856

Amazon.de shows german QUERTZ layout, Nokia.de confirmes that all four arrow keys are like in the enlish layout.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Okay, end of hope. The Amazon Picture is a fake.
Yeah. But in the end I think I'm happier to have ü, ö and ä as their own keys, will definitely use those more often than up and down arrows. What annoys me the most at the moment is that there is no separate comma-key (have to alt+. for that). At least the alt key is on the left side of the keyboard, and not on the right as on n97!! Ought to be a lot easier to use...

The Following User Says Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hopefully there could be a fast fix to reach the "," with a long press of the "." key. Like the Numbers on the N97 now.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
reviewed N900 by chip.de shows crippled arrows and 'umlauts'
I think the amazon.de pic is a fake

Last edited by chemist; 2009-11-18 at 23:37.

Hi guys,

Two quick questions.

1 - Someone has a picture of an Spanish keyboard?

2 - Does anyone knows if it's possible to configure shortcuts to reproduce some special characters?. I mean, using the uk keyboard use the combination (Ctl + n) and generate an special character?

Thx.

To the (lucky) owners:
To the owners in Germany/..: do you miss these up/down arrows?
To the owners with full arrows: do you use these up/down arrows a lot?

I think these layouts have potential to make arrow key-dependant apps developed by people with full arrows frustrating. (looking at Games, etc.)