Active Topics

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
No, unfortunately. No USB port at all. Can solder a serial port though. What's wrong with your keyboard? Linux isn't spelled like nano commands.

There is usb port on the back connector. It is usb 1.1 similar in function to nokia 770 (i.e. it can do both client and host but you need to provide power), there is also i2c and camera interface there. The connector is

* Docking connector P.N. on Z2 Mainboard:
o ST60-36P

* Docking Connector Mate P.N. (PCB Mount)
o ST60X-36S

* Docking Connector Mate P.N. (Cable Mount)
o ST40X-36S-CV(80)

sold by Digikey. Anyone would buy couple of them for me and send it via first class mail international? Digikey has insanely expensive international shipping.

I have bought recently two zipit2s on ebay. It is quite cool device but certainly limited in RAM. Wifi is great and the CPU can run at 416MHz. For the price it is disposable. I plan to use it for my small kids as learning/gaming/communicator tool. Too bad gcompris needs mouse. Anyone knows about some linux educational software for small kids (teaching spelling, numbers etc)?

Could be also good as a remote for driving wi-fi enabled robot or something.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2009-11-17 at 23:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
What kind of screen does it come with?
320x240, 16bit color, not the best viewing angle.

For more hw details see http://zipit2system.sourceforge.net/?page_id=23 and also manufacturer's page http://linux.zipitwireless.com/

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Tags
zipit cheap linux