I recently came across a 3400mah battery made by proporta and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using it with an internet tablet. In the feature tab of the webpage, it says that it has two Nokia adaptors. I guess one for 3.5mm and one for 2mm....? Anyway, I was wondering if I bought this, would the included connector heads (if there even is a 2mm one) be able to charge my n800? Or would I have to buy the CA-100 from Nokia?
Thanks

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
It just so happens that I have the Proporta USB Portable Battery / Charger and it will work wonderfully with the N770. It has the Old Style NOKIA Head as well as the new slimmer style for All newer Model NOKIA Phones (and the N770) It also has a Reg USB to Mini USB 8 inch cable as well. The Portable Battery Pack is quite handy as you cann charge the N770 from the 3400mah battery or use the enclosed retractable cable as a regular USB charging cable. You get two in one. Also, if you have a few extra dollars, they have the Battery kit coupled with their new Gadget Bag (CLICK HERE) which is perfect for the N770 and all your gear. I have that and love it.

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

45 bucks on EBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Proporta-USB-Mob...QQcmdZViewItem

+ 10 bucks shipping and tax...

...I posted here because it is a no bid purchase price with 998 units on hand...

dcarter

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Looks good; I'll probably add an extra adapter for the Palm T5 and maybe their 3-in-1 Palm stylus until I find a suitable N800 PDA solution (assuming my N800 ever escapes the Roach Motel). Their credit card sized alumimum 3xSD card holder is pretty nifty too.

Nothing special about that New Jersey eBay dealer, though - prices are the same as Proporta's e-store, which even from the UK beats him on shipping ($4.95 flat rate to USA).

I think that I will be more interested in the one with the outlet and car chargers than I will be in the gadget bag and USB battery. Or does the gadget bag one come with the outlet charger for the battery? Thanks for your information, It was very helpful.

That's handy, I just bought one of these batteries for my PDA/phone/headset/BT GPS...

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ here and there
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
It just so happens that I have the Proporta USB Portable Battery / Charger and it will work wonderfully with the N770.
could you tell me what power inputs the charger takes? or does it only charck off the usb?

It charges off of the good 'ol USB.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
There is also the solar charger by Solio: www.solio.com. It works with the N800 as well. It provides direct charging from the wall socket as well as from the sun.