Wierd but true... somebody screwed up.

Sent my 770 to Nokia because one day it just decided to stop turning on. No response to flash or charger. Their repair website said they received it 12-21-06.

Waited. And called. And waited. And called. Finally after 6 weeks of waiting I got sick of it and *****ed and moaned until the repair escalation team offered me the standard "buyout" of $240 at the end of January.

Got the check about 2/10/07 and immediately went to CompUSA and bought the N800.

Today I get a package on the front porch with my original 770 inside. For some strange reason they decided to give me a battery for free but they kept the battery compartment door.

Here's the kicker. Inside is a letter. The one word explanation of repairs: "flash". It took 11 weeks to flash my unit?

I'll call Nokia in the morning and see if they want it back.

The other irony... just last week I sold all my accessories and crap instead of tossing them. Now I have no stylii and no metal case.

What a wierd world. Nokia is doing a lot right with Maemo but their repair department is really making them look bad.

David

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
your story made me think about my 770 repair. i also took the $240. i looked at the repair status today, and i will be getting my 770 back on the 12th... of course i didn't wait for the check to buy the n800. hopefully i will still get the check!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
@djs_tx - If I were you I'd ring up and complain they lost your case cover, battery door and stylus...

If they want it back make sure they pay for shipping and then make them wait 2 months before you do ship... if they call inbetween to inquire about the shipment... offer them the choice of a $15 buy out or tell them to keep on waiting.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
If they want it back make sure they pay for shipping and then make them wait 2 months before you do ship... if they call inbetween to inquire about the shipment... offer them the choice of a $15 buy out or tell them to keep on waiting.
bahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
Or tell them you are waiting for parts before you can ship it out, then specifically list the parts they forgot to ship you.

Official reply from Nokia is keep it. So now I either need to buy a battery door and stylii or I need to sell a barebones 770. This could make a fun project box.

Anybody have a battery door and stylus and case to sell?

David