I have downloaded Media Converter versions 1.3 and 1.31 and both installed successfully onto XP Pro however when I try to start the program nothing opens. Am I missing something here? I am running XP on an intel mac via bootcamp, normally this is not a problem as all other programs have installed and run without errors. Any help greatly appreciated.
I have managed to get the mac specific verion 1.2 installed and running in OSX but I believe the newer version which is PC only at the moment supports higher resolutions/features specific to the N800.
Any chance of 1.3 for mac intel??

In the linux version, there were documents on installation and operation. Check the install directory.

Media Converter worked nicely for me. I have a bunch of movies ripped with the x264 codec. It immediately recognized them and converted reasonably quickly to the N800 format.

hehe.. java. Install the java jre and you should be better

cheers the java install sorted it. Stupid me, sorry but Im not a Windows user.
By the way the new version 1.31 improved the video quality alot (apart from a fair amount of picture tearing) and plays my vids without any troubles in media player.
However the new mPlayer Maemo 10 version is buggy as hell and the quality doesnt look as good as within media player. I had to pull the battery a couple of times to reset the bugger! Just sayin.

Last edited by eurohenry; 2007-03-09 at 09:07.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by eurohenry View Post
However the new mPlayer Maemo 10 version is buggy as hell
There are only a few bugs known at the moment, none of them are critical. That's very long gui startup time when you have many files on your memory card and audio/video sync problems which are not quite clear yet (but variable audio bitrate is a suspect). If you encountered anything else, it would be nice to report it providing all the necessary details that are enough to reproduce the problem. As you may guess, "buggy as hell" can't be considered an informative bugreport and provides zero information That's a Media Converter thread and it would be not very nice to hijack it, reporting mplayer bugs can be done at garage trackers : https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mplayer/

and the quality doesnt look as good as within media player.
That's true, MPlayer suffers from tearing more than the standard video player. It's a price it has to pay for better performance and playback without freezes with the current firmware. When a fixed firmware gets released, MPlayer will be tweaked to do its best on N800.

i use amadis dvd to 3gp converter. its not free but it works good, its fast and it also works on my phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to c_legaspi For This Useful Post:
Curious, when is the new firmware release expected?
Thanks