Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stemfour View Post
You NEVER bother replying. You just come out with some half-english nonsense that is neither useful nor accurate. That is why I accused you of being a bot, cos your "answers" are always far from an actual answer.

Please, feel free to point out my many mistakes.
ooh, we have a winner argument here

congratulations, you just won a special place from my ignore list...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I guess Bret hart may be right with the fact that the interest in the device has taken Nokia by suprise then.

Well, Nokia, if youre reading... You have a hit on your hands, dont cock it up!

And Bret Hart - I totally know what you mean re the overexposure to the device via youtube etc. I even keep going to grab my phone out of my pocket and expecting it to be the N900. Sad, so sad.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I gotta agree with you, I also feel that this is something new for Nokia and they ain't all that prepared for this kinda demand, we all want the device so bad, and emotions go haywire sometimes, but we gotta cut Nokia some slack, they are new to this. At least somebody is trying to put some competition in the market, which is always good for us consumers.

Now this is getting interesting. I placed a pre-order on Amazon too for the new price. But if Newegg happens to charge and ship out first I'll cancel the pre-order on Amazon.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by nashith View Post
I gotta agree with you, I also feel that this is something new for Nokia and they ain't all that prepared for this kinda demand, we all want the device so bad, and emotions go haywire sometimes, but we gotta cut Nokia some slack, they are new to this. At least somebody is trying to put some competition in the market, which is always good for us consumers.
New to what? Smartphone manufacture?

I am prepared to cut Nokia some slack for unforseen issues etc, things go wrong.

What I cant cut them some slack for ( and this has been mine and several other people's constant, driving message ) is the lack of consideration for those who are left to scour blogs and forums for what may or may not be accurate info.

If things have gone wrong, so be it - at least communicate that fact to the market. I dont think Im the only person on here who would rather have some negative, but correct and up to date info, than some wishy washy false-positive crap that slowly filters out through 2nd or 3rd parties.

EDIT: Its worth noting that sites like engadget, slashgear etc, are not even reporting these shipping updates. Seems they arent too happy to be passing on false hopes either.

Last edited by stemfour; 2009-11-20 at 13:15.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by stemfour View Post
I guess Bret hart may be right with the fact that the interest in the device has taken Nokia by suprise then.

Well, Nokia, if youre reading... You have a hit on your hands, dont cock it up!

And Bret Hart - I totally know what you mean re the overexposure to the device via youtube etc. I even keep going to grab my phone out of my pocket and expecting it to be the N900. Sad, so sad.

This all ties into my theory that Nokia intended the device as a pocket computer with phone function, but a LOT of the people buying the N900 will be expecting a high end smartphone. The functions missing will result in (IMO) a lot of returns and the N900 will not be given a chance by this (probably) large segment of buyers.

If Nokia does not enable one-handed phone and message function ASAP, the device will be given an unfair view by the media and consumers expecting a smartphone. Then again, since not function out of the box- probably too late.

added:

Maybe we will see a phone centric version with call, home and end buttons as well as a phone centric interface. N900P Yeah, right.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-20 at 14:04.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This all ties into my theory that Nokia intended the device as a pocket computer with phone function, but a LOT of the people buying the N900 will be expecting a high end smartphone. The functions missing will result in (IMO) a lot of returns and the N900 will not be given a chance by this (probably) large segment of buyers.

If Nokia does not enable one-handed phone and message function ASAP, the device will be given an unfair view by the media and consumers expecting a smartphone. Then again, since not function out of the box- probably too late.

added:

Maybe we will see a phone centric version with call, home and end buttons as well as a phone centric interface. N900P Yeah, right.
I cant say its their ( Nokia's ) fault if people have the wrong expectations of the device. However I do not see how people who are following its release as closely as most people here could have missed the umpteen previews, videos, actual reviews, etc detailing EXACTLY what the device can and cant do.

If the N900 receives bad reviews because of not being able to SMS with it one handed then the people who pay attention to such a narrow view dont deserve such an awesome looking bit of tech. **** em.

Last edited by stemfour; 2009-11-20 at 14:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to stemfour For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
N900 is sold out in Nokia Finland Online Shop. They couldn't deliver all the pre-orders. They said that backorder number isn't large but still they couln't fill all the pre-orders.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
I dont think that anyone will send his n900 back when held it in his hands once...

do I need to go to sleep or does nokia usa says Availability:

END OF OCTOBER 2009

http://store.nokia.com/webapp/wcs/st...01_-1_10000367