I dont get it how come the start selling the phone before fulfilling preorders
what are the trying to say? dont ever believe us again"?
well all what I can say is

fk you Nokia and fk you dolphins

BTW, I had to cancel my Dell (got the good deal the other day) order due to a business trip, and they offered to change the shipping address and knock $25 off the price...

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
By the way guy's got another call earlier today from Tanisha ( manager with Amazon ) who stated that all pre-order's will get the phone shipped out to them at the same time, that their is no line for pre-orders. It will be the regular order's that will have to wait, and pre-order's are guaranteed, no matter when you ordered, that you won't have to wait just because you ordered for example today.

People who ordered in Sept when the link first came up are in the same boat as people who ordered today. We'll all get shipped at the same time, no extra added wait time if you ordered late. Canceled my Sept 19 order with them this morning and replaced it so I can get the $50 rebate. Total came out to $519.26 - $50 rebate comes to $469.26
It seems to me that if Amazon gets more pre-orders than first batch devices, then some people who pre-ordered will have to wait. If that is not based on pre-order date, then that is massively unfair.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by NSchuyler View Post
I'm about to do it, how sure are you?
100%, she's knowledgeable plus the fact she's called me three times now just to give me updated info. She's also a sr.manager at Amazon so she know's more than other people we hear from.

Originally Posted by nytcrawlr View Post
Nice Spinnukur, thanks for posting that info. After reading the NYC Nokia store thread, I am half-tempted to take the train in tomorrow and pick one up though...I'm bad when it comes to gearlust. :P Did she by chance reiterate to you if they would be likely to start shipments on Monday?

Again, thanks for keeping us posted!

Edit: Speaking of course of Tanisha, the manager from Amazon.

They have the phones, but she doesn't know when they're going to start shipping, hopefully Monday but it isn't her decision, it's the upper echelon executives.

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-11-21 at 00:48.

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
100%, she's knowledgeable plus the fact she's called me three times now just to give me updated info. She's also a sr.manager at Amazon so she know's more than other people we hear from.
Did you ask her for any updated information on if Amazon has received stock yet?

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Sweet! I hope Amazon ships first (before the 30th) then so I can cancel my Newegg preorder. But $14.72 promotion? I'm guessing it's a goldbox thing or something?
No idea, as I was checking out, once I entered my cc info and went to the final page to review everything I noticed they had put that promotion on. No idea what it is, but I like it!

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by regulate23 View Post
Thanks spinnukur for this tip. I actually spoke with an Amazon representative today as well, but I got a different answer.

What I was told was that it could not be guaranteed that if I canceled my order and placed a new one, there would be no difference in the shipping date. She said it would end up depending on the total number of N900's they receive and the total number of orders placed. Then once shipping starts, it will go in priority of order dates and the methods of shipping selected (ie super savers go last). She couldn't give me an indication on when orders might start being fulfilled, as to the best of her knowledge Amazon had not received any shipments from Nokia yet.

She did, however, simply go into my account and reduce it by $50 so I would not have to re-order...effectively an instant rebate! Overall, she was extremely responsive and helpful.

It's possible my rep just wasn't as informed as spinnukur's (although she did check with several managers to get the information), but in any case I might think twice about re-ordering.
Tanisha is reliable so far from my experiences and two different people from our forum here also called yesterday to verify with her, but their cs person they talked to verified she is a sr.manager but were unable to transfer them to her because they didn't have the means to do so.

-Socrates 469 BC

Ive got two preorders, one from nokiausa and one from amazon. Ive got an email from nokia stating my n900 was getting ready for shipment but I really like the amazon price. If I knew amazon was going to be shipping soon id cancel my nokia order to save a bundle. Is monday the proposed date when amazon ships?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
i have a problem with amazon shipping.
i wanted to change from standard to 2-day shipping and now my shipping costs are ~$150.00. wtf? i sent them an e-mail, i hope they'll sort it out. =|

Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
i have a problem with amazon shipping.
i wanted to change from standard to 2-day shipping and now my shipping costs are ~$150.00. wtf? i sent them an e-mail, i hope they'll sort it out. =|
Call them, if it's a system error, they should be nice enough to throw in free next day delivery

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post: