Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I'm interested in trying this out but got a bit worried when reading the above.
What are the dangers?
cavities. really huge brown gangrenous holes in your teeth.

to exctact a deb do dpkg -x debname.deb . where the "." can be any valid path to extract to. you can see what it installs and backup whatever you fear changing.

i am surprised none of you has run "top" while playing audio through speakers...

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I'm interested in trying this out but got a bit worried when reading the above.
What are the dangers?
Originally Posted by t_moyashi
This package replaces your /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf and /etc/asound.conf . so, If worst comes to worst , it'll cause your N8x0 to enter a reboot loop. You are at your own risk and you are supposed to know what you are doing.
It seems that the author has been pretty clear about this from the start. I wouldn't install it, or any v0.0.1 app, without being prepared to re-flash the system. That said, it worked for me, and I expect I'll be happy with it until something more refined comes along.

What's that old police show saying... "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." Don't be playing with downloaded .deb packages if you're not prepared to re-flash. Best to stick with what's in the Application Manager. That said, I've not yet be forced to re-flash the system; Maemo seems quite tolerant of mucking about. Then again, maybe I've just been lucky so far.

David...