is there a way tht i can transfer my facebook contacts to n900? i know in motorola cliq u can. help.... thanks

I think Hermes only pulls information from contacts you've already inputted into the n900. E.g. if I put my best friends name and phone # and girlfriend name and phone #, Hermes will only pull information for those two people from Facebook.

It won't pull all your Facebook contacts to your device (which would be somewhat unwanted behavior anyway consider I don't keep in contact with most of my Facebook friends anyway). But you could make it so you can select or deselect the contacts you want or don't want.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

i tried hermes but it only pulls if its already in ur contacts.

Originally Posted by NOKIAFAN View Post
i tried hermes but it only pulls if its already in ur contacts.
I see. I thought it would pull down all contacts.

Well, at least you have phone to try it with

Hmm what's the minimal amount of information needed for Hermes to pull that contact? A name? A phone #? Basically how does it match the people up.

I wonder if there's anyway you could use a 3rd party to first pull all your Facebook contacts' names, put them into an address book that syncs with the n900. Then use Hermes to populate the rest.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
doesn't adding your facebook account details to the N900 pull in contacts (or let you select which ones to use)?

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm what's the minimal amount of information needed for Hermes to pull that contact? A name? A phone #? Basically how does it match the people up.

I wonder if there's anyway you could use a 3rd party to first pull all your Facebook contacts' names, put them into an address book that syncs with the n900. Then use Hermes to populate the rest.
i tried to add one contact with first and last name and it updated. but it's a pain to enter their names one by one.

In that case if all it needs is a name then it could be possible to do what I suggested. Just use a 3rd party tool to grab the names of all your friends (Facebook announced back in 2008 that they would create a tool that let you output all their names though I'm not sure if it's been done by them yet). Then import into an address book of some sort.. e.g. take the CSV file (if it's in CSV) and import into say Exchange. Then sync the n900 with the Exchange server so your n900 has all the names . Then use Hermes to populate the rest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
there's an option in hermes preferences to create birthday-only contacts from your facebook account. that's how i got 'new' contacts imported from facebook.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post: