Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
2007 doesn't work at all, currently?

Originally Posted by rewt View Post
2007 doesn't work at all, currently?
Actually I tried it last night using RDA, and I was pleasently surprised that it worked very well, without much hassle!

BTW my office uses SSL for the connection to the server (I don't know if that makes it any better, or worse).

Oh and silly me, forgot to check which version of the firmware, the device was running

On a side note, could any of the Mail for Exchange code be ported to Evolution, or is it closed source? I'm wondering, because I was able to connect to Exchange '03 with Evolution, but since my office switched to Exchange '07 I can't configure Evolution to connect to it, no matter what plugin I used, nor any configuration settings that I tried. So I'm hopeful that since MfE works so nicely even with Exchange '07, that it's code can be re-used.

Last edited by iKneaDough; 2009-11-23 at 05:25. Reason: minor spelling and grammar fixups

I was able to log into the same device.

The firmware version is: 2.2009.44-6

So assuming that the firmware version didn't change since 1.5 days ago, that firmware worked flawlessly for me with Exchange '07.

Last edited by iKneaDough; 2009-11-23 at 20:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to iKneaDough For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
I'm using my Certificate Authority for SSL cert for the exchange server, could that be an issue? If so how do I import root certificate into N900?

Well I managed to install my root certificate. Still doesn't work, getting the same error: "Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" useless error.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Well I managed to install my root certificate. Still doesn't work, getting the same error: "Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" useless error.
does your server "Allow non-provisionable devices"? If not, that may be the reason.

Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
does your server "Allow non-provisionable devices"? If not, that may be the reason.
Yes, that setting is already enabled... I guess it's a bug.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Please see "Mail for Exchange (MfE). Blame me here, pls" for answers and updated information on issues surrounding Mail for Exchange.

Closed Thread