Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by rundumel View Post
People never get when I'm being sarcastic... Or ironic? I don't even know the difference... It's my problem really... :-)
When you master the Force, Luke, you will be adept at both.

Patience, my young jedi.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Yep looks like a video of a pre-production device from 2+ months ago. Try again.

No I don't yet have my N900 but I can read - I can see and nothing else backs up your problem.

Did you ever consider that your build may have problems and that flashing back to a base version might help with those - of course that would involve you actually having to do something to help yourself. Much easier to stick to the whining and moaning, cause you know - thats working out great for you.
Haha feel free to post again when you actually HAVE a phone junior. Stop wasting space in this thread with your opinions based on you've heard

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You know... the ones not experiencing those issues?

The ones thinking Bratag is on to something with the Unique Device Behavior theory?
Could we perhaps have a video of the same sites being visited, at the same font size, from someone else's N900?

Several people have posted that they can't see the behaviour which is shown in the videos - in the videos!

So I'm wondering if people who say their device is fine are, in fact, seeing exactly the same thing as Megacrazy but don't mind.

With a video of someone else's N900 those of us with high frame-rate eyes can referee it

Last edited by jjx; 2009-11-25 at 04:33.

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Haha feel free to post again when you actually HAVE a phone junior. Stop wasting space in this thread with your opinions based on you've heard
That's TWO unintended irony nominations for you in one thread alone.

You sir are on a roll.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jjx View Post
Trust me.

Put an S60 web browser* and the N900 browser side by side.

Scroll them.

Post videos.

I guarantee the N900 will feel incredibly smooth.
I certainly hope so!

Browsing on my 5800 was unbearable at a point. Then I realized it was due to the fact that I loaded most of my apps on the phone memory instead of the memory card, the free space of which was behaving as a sort of virtual memory/swap space. After moving the files to the memory card, I noticed a significant boost in browsing to the point where it was enjoyable and had me wondering why I spent almost $500 on the N900.

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Ok - its obvious you don't actually want help .You dont want to listen to logic you just want to piss and moan. Whats that old saying -

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the ignorant ****tard listen to reason and the responses of people who DO have the phone"

Well doesnt matter to me - Good luck with your screwed up phone couldnt be happier that you wasted $100 bucks to jump the line, especially when people were just walking in off the street and getting them. Classic stuff.

On another note I very much doubt I am your junior.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

...aaand the thread heads for lockville.

...aaand the thread heads for lockville.
Cant happen quick enough for me. Honestly waste of damn bandwidth from the moment it was first created.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
There are many more variables though. Router tech? ISP?
The video shows it's clearly a rendering issue.

To be a router/ISP issue, the browser would have to be fetching images over the network every time you scroll to that part of the page (unlikely).

Or something perverse like the router is flooding the N900 with pings to slow it down

Interference?
Meaning?

Individual device component faults?
It could be, and I'd be very interested to see someone else's N900 visiting the same sites.

It could also be the RAM is too full and it's swapping. We haven't been told how many other apps it's running, or what their memory usage is.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjx For This Useful Post:
No lock please. They'll stop, they promise. A stern warning should do.

I'm curious to find out if others will experience similar issues, along with any remedies if available.

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever