Posts: 83 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by murlan9 View Post
Wait for the N900 mini February March time. I have heard from a source this will be coming out with case of people get a N900 buy it then when they see the MIni get annoyed and shout lots and then exchange it for a N900 mini. Just like what is happening with N97 mini
I find it hard to believe there will be a mini coming out by Feb. There's nothing on google about it. There was a fake report of the N920 though.

Why on earth would there be an n900 mini?
There's nothing wrong the size of the device to start with, and a smaller screen would be pointless. Surely they should just be concentrating on fixing any issues with the current n900 firmware and making sure they're shipped to all.

Originally Posted by hallokitty View Post
Why on earth would there be an n900 mini?
There's nothing wrong the size of the device to start with, and a smaller screen would be pointless. Surely they should just be concentrating on fixing any issues with the current n900 firmware and making sure they're shipped to all.
I think that was some troll just trying to wind us up, ignore it!

On another note, why would most people want/need a 16Gb memory card? I understand that some people would easily use up the extra space. But for the majority, why isn't the existing 32Gb enough? I could maybe understand a bit more if the card was "hot-swappable" (I think that's the right term?!) but you have to turn off the phone, take of the cover, take out the battery just to insert/remove the memory card.

I'm not having a go, genuinely curious.

Oh and to make sure we stay on topic! Hopefully only one more week until MPD get there act together and send us our phones!! )

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by stamenkd View Post
I find it hard to believe there will be a mini coming out by Feb. There's nothing on google about it. There was a fake report of the N920 though.
Err.. sorry to pop off toic again but.... proof??

... and for the record.. I seriously doubt it

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by hallokitty View Post
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4..._$ja=tsid:1151

16GB MicroSDHC, 26.99, free delivery

Try beat that
I have tried and failed

It is now very tempting to buy the card but I really don't want to buying more stuff for something I don't have yet.

Last edited by askarir; 2009-11-25 at 13:49.

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
I think that was some troll just trying to wind us up, ignore it!

On another note, why would most people want/need a 16Gb memory card? I understand that some people would easily use up the extra space. But for the majority, why isn't the existing 32Gb enough? I could maybe understand a bit more if the card was "hot-swappable" (I think that's the right term?!) but you have to turn off the phone, take of the cover, take out the battery just to insert/remove the memory card.

I'm not having a go, genuinely curious.

Oh and to make sure we stay on topic! Hopefully only one more week until MPD get there act together and send us our phones!! )
For one, MP3s - most people could fill the deivce AND memory card with MP3s instantly. Obviously I wouldnt recommend it. But, suffice to say, who EVER decided that they had too much storage? More, more, more.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by murlan9 View Post
well if you read my other post you will be more depressed as a N900 mini is being release feb/march time. So start saving!!!! Gonna be like the N97 mini slightly smaller because the N900 is a brick i have been using for for just over a week and it is big and heavy but was still going to buy one untill i heard about the N900 mini.ill save my money and just wait a few more months. Im not that desperate.
No intention of buying the mini, I want a n900, its a nice size and fits my pockets fine..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

well think of it this way.. n97 mini is bigger height wise and n900 is smaller but thinker. so they would only come out with n900 slim which wouldnt work thinking of in terms of hardware it uses

I'm getting nervous about two showstopper issues reported in other threads - perhaps waiting for MPD is a blessing in disguise. I am very tempted to cancel my order.

#1 N900 Mic Issue

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...5&goto=newpost

#2 N900 Reboots

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...5&goto=newpost

The Following User Says Thank You to jackabite For This Useful Post:
Know what you mean jackabite, Im getting slightly nervous now.