Active Topics

Hi

I ordered my Nokia n900 way back in September and have yet to hear anything at all as regards a desptch date

In Oct I received an email from shopmanagerUK@nokia asking me to phone a number. I cannot do this due to hearing difficulties so i replied by email, no response so I emailed them via 'contact us' (tediously slow system as replies take up to 48 hours) all was well they said.

A few weeks later I lost my purse which contained credit cards so I had to cancel the cards and get new ones. On receipt of a new card I updated my payment details on my shop nokia UK account. Again I emailed them via 'contact us' and again they said the account was updated and all was ok.

Only a few short days ago I learnt that those who phoned the number from the shopmanager UK email were requested to REORDER the device! No mention of this was made to me.Yesterday I had someone phone Nokia for me and they said my account was ok and that the device would ship 'this week'..... I have heard nothing more despite emailing them again yesterday. I have an awful feeling that there IS something wrong with my order.

Tomorrow they will receive another call!

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
Tomorrow they will receive another call!
Don't panic too much. There are a lot of people ordering, and not all of them have gone out (for example, my now reordered devices).

I'm not defending them at all, because this is a total and utter ****fest of a launch, but things may indeed be okay with your order. I'd advise waiting until next week and seeing how things pan out unless you really do feel like bugging them (go for it )

We wont be shouting or anything like that! I am more wanting to know if perhaps I should have had to reorder.

I am not sure what method they are using to despatch these phones as some who ordered after me have received their delivery emails. I don't begrudge them their devices at all but it puzzles me.

I am currently on a blackberry and am used to waiting for OS's etc so I am quite patient lol

Thanks

Thats the worst thing about the whole business lack of info, I preordered mine last month got the email monday then credit card rejected. had to reorder , then back of queue. wtf am i doing reordering

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Newcastle
anyone got any news today? I still have not recived an email. I was told I will be charged today yesterday. Do you think if I called back I will get told I will get charged tomorrow lol.

Well, we phoned nokia this morning and I have to say I'm glad we did as disappointingly there WAS something wrong with my order! They didn't specify what this was.

My original order has now been cancelled and a new one made. I will get it next week they say.

Here's hoping ....

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
Well, we phoned nokia this morning and I have to say I'm glad we did as disappointingly there WAS something wrong with my order! They didn't specify what this was.

My original order has now been cancelled and a new one made. I will get it next week they say.

Here's hoping ....
Sorry to hear that, glad it got sorted.

I'd take 'next week' with a bit of a pinch of salt. I'm hearing all sorts of dates.

Personally, my order is still ****ed. There's still a £1k hold on my account which refuses to go away, and Nokia thinks that the £800 transfer went through fine, but my bank can't even find any trace it exists.

I'm thinking of flagging the £1k transaction fradulent, cancelling my order, and just buying off Amazon or something.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
I gave them a ring this morning, and got told on a fairly positive sounding manner (but, yes, we know how well that's worked out before) that they were out of stock, but should have more in 'early next week'.

However, interesting note for fellow Barclaycard users - I've also spoken to the Barclaycard fraud dept. who tell me that the flag they apply to the account to pre-emptively OK the transaction when it comes round again only lasts for two days, so even if you've called them and told them to pay Nokia next time they try the charge, you might be back to square one by the time they actually do it again. I'll be ringing Barclaycard on Monday morning to flag Nokia as OK again, otherwise I think the exact same thing could happen this time round.

Right...think I have had enough now.

Re-ordered on Tuesday and was told it would be processed and shipped by Wednesday. Didn't happen. So I just called them and have been told there is no stock, don't know when they will get more stock and that there is no chance of it shipping this week.

So now I am going to call them back and cancel my order.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
What a system, what is the point of having a CC if you can't spend on it?!