Originally Posted by embedded View Post
I don't think so, it seems a severe SW bug.
Hope it'll be solved asap.
Uhm, I'm not that sure... Why the majority of people is not reporting this bug? I'm not doing anything special with my N900...

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by famusc View Post
Uhm, I'm not that sure... Why the majority of people is not reporting this bug? I'm not doing anything special with my N900...
yeah, and all of them are using 42.11 fw. And seeing that there are also some faulty mics in some shipped devices, I really expect this to be a hardware issue. Nokia manufacturer are obviously in a hurry atm.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Unexpected reboot: Minute 9 of a call to Vodafone trying to tell their insurance division that I have changed phones.

Not impressed.

This rebooting drives me nuts; Sometimes writing a simple sms (without any aps running) makes it reboot...

I realy hope that this is software related and that I can fix it by myself, but as re-flashing doesn't helps I'm afraid we have to wait for the next FW to find out....

If the FW version in all devices is the same, unfortunately at this point the HW problem becomes the leading issue :P

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Ancona, Italy
After two days of reboots, now my n900 doesen't see the sim card anymore.

At this point i think this is an hardware issue.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by ihmemies View Post
Ive been using mine for 2 days now, heavy usage (testing all kinds of stuff) and NOT a single reboot! Mine is rock stable
Same here. Not a single reboot.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
So you really want to say, that it is all about luck whether or not you get a faulty device? o_O
Oh come on Nokia, this must be a joke..
This is even worse than 360's ring of death X_X

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by javajix View Post
Vote for this bug pls
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6334
If you are having this issue, please do vote for the bug. Complaining here will not fix anything. Vote.

Fortunately, no reboots for me. (Should I vote for the bug anyway to help out those who are having this issue?)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
When the Blackberry Bold was introduced it had the identical problem (it has a completely different hardware and operating system) and it was resolved in the next Fw iteration.
I'm hoping we'll see the same here.

Tags
lack of quality control