Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by harbourlight View Post
Well it looks like Amazon does have the phone in stock, they just don't have enough to meet all of the pre-orders, so they're going through the list and sending them out now to the people who ordered first. Which isn't such a surprise, Amazon probably got stuck with the largest number of orders and weren't sent enough phones to deal with it.

Personally I don't care about any of this. I was happy to wait an extra week to get my phone from Amazon. I've been buying from them for years and this definitely wont change that.
yeah I know it wont change your decision. But if they know that there are alot of pre-order on their site why don't they order more device to atleast enough to ship to everyone who pre-order or order some extra spare units as precaution incase of this sort of thing happen?

Their management is really crap basically, did not think beyond the posibility. They already Knew that there is going to be alot of N900 pre-order and they are the biggest Online retailer as well..

It's more the fact that their customer service is terrible which is ****ing everyone off. Is it that hard to say "we have the phone in stock and we are shipping in order of pre-orders". Heck they could even try to give an accurate date about when they are expecting the next shipment from Nokia. But instead they give vague or misleading news.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
On the other hand they could do what retailer should, call up NOKIAUSA and asked if they can share some devices while ordering the new shipment at the same time. This way Amazon and NOKIAUSA will have a better relationship and the customers like us will get the Device earlier. A few more weeks will result in the Christmas period and its a HOLIDAY time of the year. Thing is going to really bad and slowly progressing.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
On the other hand they could do what retailer should, call up NOKIAUSA and asked if they can share some devices while ordering the new shipment at the same time. This way Amazon and NOKIAUSA will have a better relationship and the customers like us will get the Device earlier. A few more weeks will result in the Christmas period and its a HOLIDAY time of the year. Thing is going to really bad and slowly progressing.
I agree. And they should probably teach their customer service reps not to say anything if they're not 100% sure of it while they're at it.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It's more the fact that their customer service is terrible which is ****ing everyone off. Is it that hard to say "we have the phone in stock and we are shipping in order of pre-orders". Heck they could even try to give an accurate date about when they are expecting the next shipment from Nokia. But instead they give vague or misleading news.
Yeah I know so misleading until 3 different Representatives provided me with 3 different statement lol.

1. The first one said "Amazon expecting the next shipment very soon and will be delivered before Xmas period"

2. Said "The Item is not yet available and also is not released. We are waiting for the manufacturer release confirmation"

3. We do not know when it will become available and may be 2010 lol.

I meant WTF??? Their Rebate end on the 31st December 2009 and their Shipment arrives like a month later?? are they living in the 18th Century delivery system? Is not there something called Freight? The ship method will not take up to 1month to get to USA, since the manufacturer is based in KOREA which will only take 1 week at most!! And by air will only take 1 Day at most.. What a bad customer services

Originally Posted by harbourlight View Post
I agree. And they should probably teach their customer service reps not to say anything if they're not 100% sure of it while they're at it.
Or they could at least update the information about the n900's status so CSRs have accurate information.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Or they could at least update the information about the n900's status so CSRs have accurate information.
lol, This sound very impossible to me lol.
Amazon Customer Service Rep probably suck at remembering thing. They are like the cave men.. We just want our Pre-order progressing faster.

USA NOKIA is selling it at the store already if you happened to be in NY then just walk in and pick one up. Easy.

UK will be on 4th December but still OUR BLOODY Pre-order in USA is not even confirmed the date lol. Seriously If it is out in store right now then why is it still called a pre-order device?

All they do is look it up in the computer (that's how CSRs usually work). So Amazon just has to update the records in the computer.

All they do is look it up in the computer (that's how CSRs usually work). So Amazon just has to update the records in the computer.
lol agreed, may be Amazon just running slow in RAM i presume! It need to learn to multitasking, or change their Operating system to Maemo 5 or something.

Finally my happy moment :

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed
by you or by our customer service department.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by
visiting Your Account at http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html

Tags
psychotics unite, this thread is h a w t