Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
anyone know how much stock there getting, if i order today will i get it soon?
No hope - the initial stock is all allocated, the earliest you can expect will be next Fri from everything I have seen..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Wish my status would bloomin change to pending stock and not sit on 'new' :S
I wish my status would change to shipped !
Seriously tho, that doesnt sound good! When did you order?
have you spoken to them?

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
No hope - the initial stock is all allocated, the earliest you can expect will be next Fri from everything I have seen..

Friday the 4th? if thats the case thats not bad, think i will order one now.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
Friday the 4th? if thats the case thats not bad, think i will order one now.
Squirrel - take all dates with a pinch of salt - as it all depends on stock

From the last MPD email (And only one!) - they will get them on the 3rd and send out to pre-order'er's - i would assume if they have no stock they will have to wait for the next batch from Nokia, so allthough the touted release date for normal sales is the 4th - it could be extended due to stock levels.

Placing a pre-order now should be fine, but be aware you may not get it on the 4th, and it could come through later

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been said. I think you guys might want to contact the Advertising Standards Authority for 'Nokia Retail' and their 'exclusive' availability' deal. That looks very misleading to me. Worth a try, anyway.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by Matthaus View Post
Wish my status would bloomin change to pending stock and not sit on 'new' :S
Amen to that. My PAYG order has been sitting in the same 'New (other)' state for the last 9 weeks.

I'm not too concerned, probably just the way their system handles PAYG orders. It will no doubt just change to 'shipped' any day now.
Nevertheless, it would have been nice to have more descriptive order status.

How much was yours? The price kept changing between £469 and £392.

I had it down for a sim free one @ £469 (which is now £499) but changed it over to the £392 PAYG.

Originally Posted by Matthaus View Post
How much was yours? The price kept changing between £469 and £392.

I had it down for a sim free one @ £469 (which is now £499) but changed it over to the £392 PAYG.
Yup, I went down exactly the same road as you, once I found out there was no network lock applied to the PAYG devices.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...SIM#post329196

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been said. I think you guys might want to contact the Advertising Standards Authority for 'Nokia Retail' and their 'exclusive' availability' deal. That looks very misleading to me. Worth a try, anyway.
LOL - Great minds think alike

Sent them a very long mail pointing out all the inconsistencies and a few screenshots of their site and the confusion it had caused. I have a case number and will see what happens. Im going to complain to MPD Monday if they are not shipping then, as they promised to be first, and if the NFS are shipping them MPS should as well.

If anyone else wants to complain to the ASA, then it would be a good idea as the more people who complain, the more likely they will do something..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
LOL - Great minds think alike

Sent them a very long mail pointing out all the inconsistencies and a few screenshots of their site and the confusion it had caused. I have a case number and will see what happens. Im going to complain to MPD Monday if they are not shipping then, as they promised to be first, and if the NFS are shipping them MPS should as well.

If anyone else wants to complain to the ASA, then it would be a good idea as the more people who complain, the more likely they will do something..
I think they were attempting to promote their 'exclusive' availability to sell the N900 with a contract - however, their advertising was ambiguous at best.

I would imagine this leaves them in a tenuous position only with customers who ordered 'SIM Free' packs, expecting to be supplied prior to other sales channels in the like-for-like 'SIM Free' state.