Active Topics

Hi, I've been trying to set up the Nokia Internet Call Invitation on my N800, but I can't get pass the activation, I get the message "Feature activation failed. Try again."

I notice that the 'add contact' buttons are missing from the web page; I realise that it's beta software but is the system down at the moment?

James

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Hi, I've been trying to set up the Nokia Internet Call Invitation on my N800, but I can't get pass the activation, I get the message "Feature activation failed. Try again."

I notice that the 'add contact' buttons are missing from the web page; I realise that it's beta software but is the system down at the moment?

James
Try with your camera in the "out position" that got me pass the activation step.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

James
The activation comes to you from your n800 as an email to your PC. Just open the link and you get sent to their webpage and a button appearing saying "add contact."

Not much help I suppose, except that I'm in a similar boat to you. Camera in or out, every time I try and activate it tells me either it can't contact the server, or if I'm lucky, that the activation failed.

I appreciate that there may be firewall issues, so have tried two different wireless zones, one a hell of a lot less locked down than the other (ie. anything at all out), but still no joy.

As with the origianl poster, I appreciate it's beta, so just ignore the failures, but I guess going forward it would be nice to know what ports perhaps I need to open or similar.

C'est la vie I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to phil4 For This Useful Post: