Active Topics

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
You're actually saying that people like myself, end users, those with little knowledge of linux should not have the device
Nobody ever wrote this in this thread.
Please reread from the beginning. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Damathacus View Post
Maybe i missed something but how did you install snesoid to N900? I thought it was android program.
Welcome to the forum!
It's about DrNokSnes here, not about Snesoid. Different app. :-)

Lets be clear here

a) I have the nes emulator thanks to the droid forums

b) Said emulator was used merely as an exapmle

It's hilarious how you guys focus on that aspect when I clearly mentioned others. Why does no one comment on the boot scree question.

or the countless other threads where users (and I myself have exchanged emails with other users who feel EXACTLY the same as myself.

But no your responses

End users shouldn't have the phone
We are open source but not for the ordinary user
F*** S*** A*** B***

^Are just the funniest to me^

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Wait til he finds out about the other secret mode.

...you all know what I'm talkin about

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Hardly anyone knows about the N900 so exactly what peer pressure are you talking about?

I am the only one among my friends, family and work colleagues who know about the N900.

It was kinda cool demoing the multi tasking to my friends
Actually my remark was intended to say that if you can't get along on one of the most welcoming technical forums on the internet, than you're going to have problems...

I bet you really want to show your friends how you can play whatever it is your looking for on your cool new phone... BTW, I have no such desire but just by following the recent threads in the past couple of days I know how to do it and where to get the software required. You would have to if you had just paid attention. In the end I'm sure you think it is just easier to post a thread and have a nerdy geek prove you wrong and show the way, step by step.

In my experience here, that's pro'ly not gonna happen but best of luck anyway.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-11-29 at 00:22.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I don't think myself as HC-user or anything like that. But even then by reading these forums and wiki it was quite easy to figure out how to unlock extras and how to be careful with those.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Welcome to the forum!
It's about DrNokSnes here, not about Snesoid. Different app. :-)
I meant when he said in OP that:
"But that aside gave me the step by step guide on how to install an emulator called snesoid and some roms."

But yeah he kinda answered that already by saying that the emulator in OP was just example

Last edited by Damathacus; 2009-11-29 at 00:03.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Wait til he finds out about the other secret mode.

...you all know what I'm talkin about
Do you mean how we can get free m... Oh!
I better shut up. I just recently passed the initiation. I don't want to get kicked out and have to go through that again.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
I won't really comment on the emulator "stuff" cause I'm an advanced and haven't installed emulators since late 90's so I wouldn't even know how. but I will say that there is an overall negative and/or condesending tone to people who either have complaints about the phone or those who are having trouble figuring out certain features.

In almost every thread where someone is referencing things they don't like about the phone at least one or two people come in and say "go buy an iPhone". That's just not the way to treat people and it comes off as beig very pompus and condesending.

Everyone should try being more helpful instead of insulting. This type of attitude is not going to get this platform anywhere. Just my .02.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Do you mean how we can get free m... Oh!
I better shut up. I just recently passed the initiation. I don't want to get kicked out and have to go through that again.
No, not m. w.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

So

I mean wow

You're actually saying that people like myself, end users, those with little knowledge of linux should not have the device.
No. What he is saying is that end users, people with little knowledge of Linux should not do things that can render their device unusable.

Software, applications, go through different stages of maturity. At early stages (also called "alpha") the applications can very well turn your device into a brick, because at that point, they are little more than technology demostrators.

After some iterations, the most dangerous bugs are fixed, and an application reaches a "beta" stage. In this stage, there may be some bugs, but at most they are annoying and will not brick your device.

After some more iterations, an app is considered stable and is released to the public.

Applications in alpha stages, due to the complexity of their code (and an emulator, or boot screen changer, are complex) tend to have difficult instalations steps and are unstable, leading to unforeseen consequences. That kind of applications are in special repositories, for example, extras-devel, and extra steps are taken to avoid users, that do not have the necessary advanced knowledge to handle them, to install them and brick their devices.

Applications in late beta stages and in release stages are in Extras, and ready to be downloaded and used without major hassle.

Let me finish with an analogy: let´s say the N900 is an airplane, and you are the pilot. You are free to fly the plane any want you want; but unless you have major programing skills (and even then!); you shouldn't try to re-program the navigation software by yourself, unless you want to crash the plane.

I hope the point is clear.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemocannonfodder, maemoredshirt, sell crack for n900 money