Hey guys there are a couple sites i know of that have some full songs of the bands i like and is there anyway to download the song directly onto my N800 or my computer at all and keep it saved for as long as i want?

Hmm, this sounds a lot like looking for help for pirating music... And very unspecific at that.

Anyway, "Just (dont) do it" ;-)

If the question was, in stead: "Is it possible to take my legally bought music from ITMS (or the like) and put it on my N800?", I think there are different ways of circumventing the DRM so you can get it onto your N800 in non-DRM form. I have a feeling though, that starting a discussion on this here, would get some RIAA-like organization to send a DMCA seize-and-desist order to itT or the host provider.

It is however, a relevant question, and in my opinion definitely still fair use of your media. Once I get a decent sized SD card (of which I am already required to pay taxes to the music industry, because it could _potentially_ be used to store pirated media on), I will look into solutions to this as well. My goal is to use my N800 as an iPod replacement (can anyone say "Replaceable battery"?)

Download this program... install it... then load it... then do a search for any song and you can download it for free.

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
As long as we're talking about free music, here ya go:

http://derek.a.coleman.googlepages.com/3pm.htm

Sjtick it to da man!

Ipod batteries are replaceable. May not be easy to get to the first time, but can, has and will continue to be done.

Hey thanks guys i wasnt planing on "stealing" music or anything like that its just some of the bands i saw in concert told their fans to dowload some of their music off their sites so i hope this clears up the confusion of stealing music.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Thanks for the plug Karel.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Lots of music is out there for legal download. Find a cool program called Songbird (there is a Linux version, though I tried the Windows version mainly) at www.songbirdnest.com. A version for the N800 would be nice.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by =DC= View Post
Thanks for the plug Karel.
"We're pleased to aim".

BTW, have I ever told you what a nice site 3PM is. If not, consider it said.

Although I don't know how you manage to stay out of the RIAA dungeons -- and they do have them, you know!

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Thanks Karel. It is pretty mysterious how long this site has lasted without a single C&D letter. Don't get me wrong though, that's the last thing I want from the RIAA and friends. I guess because of the way 3pm is set up, it's a bit trickier to target.
3pm - So good, it's illegal