I just found that on my N900, international calls for the contacts already saved to my contact list with the '+' sign with them instead of '00' are not logged in the call logs. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

What do you mean by: instead of '00'

You cannot make international calls from a mobile with 00 prefix.

I have made serveral international calls to contacts with + prefix
They all logged fine.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
What do you mean by: instead of '00'

You cannot make international calls from a mobile with 00 prefix.

I have made serveral international calls to contacts with + prefix
They all logged fine.
where did you get this info.?
yes you can do an international call with 00 prefix , I do that all the time with all kind of phones

Originally Posted by sajd4000 View Post
yes you can do an international call with 00 prefix , I do that all the time with all kind of phones
Might be different regions, I have been having problems using 00 prefix. If I get any incoming calls or text messages it won't recognise the contact, as it's treating their number with the 00

So I tend to avoid the 00 prefix route and go with + instead.

Ok I've just tried making serveral dummy calls with 00 prefix.
All seems to logged fine for me.

My device is UK CV running 1.2009.42-11

No what I mean is when I receive an international call from a contact already saved to my contact list. After receiving the call when I go back to my caller log to see the contact then its not there in the caller log. It seems that the Contact I saved with the number starting with the + sign e.g. +97150####### are not logged to the caller log. But if I saved the same number with 0097150####### and recieve the call again then it is visible in the caller log. This is only for international calls.

Venomrush I didn’t say anything about "making calls".

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ DUBAI , UAE
u can report a bug ..
in here

The Following User Says Thank You to amer19 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by imdev View Post
No what I mean is when I receive an international call from a contact already saved to my contact list. After receiving the call when I go back to my caller log to see the contact then its not there in the caller log. It seems that the Contact I saved with the number starting with the + sign e.g. +97150####### are not logged to the caller log. But if I saved the same number with 0097150####### and recieve the call again then it is visible in the caller log. This is only for international calls.

Venomrush I didn’t say anything about "making calls".
Hi imdev,

I've given this a few tries and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Any chance you can clarify the exact behaviour?

I've tried with a couple of phones to call my N900, one from Sweden, and at least 3 different numbers in France -- no dice. I'll be in the US tonight and will try again at that point.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by sajd4000 View Post
Each country's International dialing prefix is unique to that country eg Australia 0011 and + automatically inserts the correct prefix for the country.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Darrylp View Post
Each country's International dialing prefix is unique to that country eg Australia 0011 and + automatically inserts the correct prefix for the country.
Actually, the "+" is a shortcut for international calls, however, they are not always equivalent to "00".

If my memory serves me well, the US & Canada used "011" to dial internationally, where most of Europe dialed "00". Similarly, Kazakhstan users dial "8", wait a second, and then "10" in order to be able to dial international numbers (I'll let you imagine how well that works on mobile devices! "But wait, there's no dial tone mate!")

The + sign simply standardises the international prefix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post: