Poll: Does your N900 have GPS problems?
Poll Options
Does your N900 have GPS problems?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by j2001m View Post
IS THI SOME JOKER POST
my gps locks-on in about 4sec within my home, no way it did this before on my n97 or n96 or n958gb or n95

your hardware is crap send it back
Lucky you. Please enjoy and appreciate it.

The difference in response may be due to hardware, software, settings, available GPS signal, a-GPS signal.... a whole ost of things. Which I assumed was the point of this thread.

Originally Posted by DannStarr View Post
Mine has a global positioning problem in so much as it's not yet positioned within my reach. Biggest problem with the device so far for me
Took me a second or two - but thanks for the smile.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Ok, further to the above. With the a-gps off, it said it couldn't get a position. but was still sucking data. I'm assuming that's the maps? I don't have them pre-loaded... is there some way I can do that?

With the a-gps on, it got an accurate lock within about 45 seconds. And sucked a huge pile of data. So that's tomorrow's data consumption gone.

Is that information helpful?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Well my phone is all fine, congrats to nokia thay did a great job but i have a biger problem:

-PC suite my phone is not yet supported
-Ovi suite my phone is not yet suported
-And my software updater is saying that my win 7 is not yet supported so cant innstal it....
-Maps loader my phone not yet supported

What im supose to do now or till they make it work all????

Check you have the most up-to-date version of pc suite. There have been new updates in the last couple of days. Can't be sure of win7 but I can connect fine to vista and XP. (Ovi suite is not supported)

It is good to see that more and more people are voting NO in the Poll

Wasn't aware

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
GPS on my N900 is stunningly fast - as long as there's a network connection available. I've never had a phone that could get a GPS fix that fast - really impressed with it.

When there's no network connection though, it's hopeless. It won't get a fix no matter how long I wait (there's a open issue in bugzilla for this already).

The problem I have isn't with the GPS per se but more with the mapping / navigation application, Ovi Maps. But I guess that this isn't the subject of this thread.

SO if there is not a modem or something that sends wi-fi then it is most unlikely to get a signal? Oh and if you get a signal from a network connection and then disconnect you will still have a lock and can walk around in the city?

BTW this is not hardware issue cause it can get lock with network right?

Thanx
I am new at these.

Last edited by Berluys; 2009-11-29 at 19:13.

You can still get a GPS lock without having a data connection of some sort (a data connecting being your celluar provider or a wifi point). AGPS just helps you get that lock faster through using that data connection. But it's not needed.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...