Notices

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
There is plenty of proprietary software on the NITs that Nokia cannot/will not open up, so you could try and reverse engineer that if you want a challenge but GOOD LUCK with that!
I've been wondering. Do you think it will be ok to distribute re-engineered versions of those core apps on maemo.org?

Based on the Nokia people pulling the emulators, I'm going to have to say no, they would not like that.

But I'll host anything you have.

Originally Posted by solpete View Post
And you think 3:rd party gps software will be free? And games from Electronic Arts for n900? I am hoping that we will get commercial applications for n900 (which we will soon).
So your problem - after buying a $600+ phone is that you cant pirate software?

Well let me see if i have a solution for that - what you need do is get yourself a big old tub of water.

Step 1: Put your head under the water, hold it there for 5 seconds
Step 2: Bring it out of the water..

You do that 5 times but on the 5th time - don't worry about step 2.

OP: What an ***.

On a personal note is douches like this who steal my android software and then email me demanding support and get annoyed when I tell them to go **** themselves
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2009-11-30 at 00:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
So your problem - after buying a $600+ phone is that you cant pirate software?

Well let me see if i have a solution for that - what you need do is get yourself a big old tub of water.

Step 1: Put your head under the water, hold it there for 5 seconds
Step 2: Bring it out of the water..

You do that 5 times but on the 5th time - don't worry about step 2.

OP: What an ***.

On a personal note is douches like this who steal my android software and then email me demanding support and get annoyed when I tell them to go **** themselves
Are you seriously telling the guy to kill himself because he posts something you don't agree with..?

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Are you seriously telling the guy to kill himself because he posts something you don't agree with..?
No - I was offering him a solution to the lack of pirating being a dealbreaker. I guarantee if he follows my instructions he will no longer care about it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
No - I was offering him a solution to the lack of pirating being a dealbreaker. I guarantee if he follows my instructions he will no longer care about it.
Pretty extreme method to keep from caring if you ask me. A better solution is that he could just buy an android device, not care any more and still have his life. lol.

Interesting reading perhaps :

http://www.allaboutmaemo.com/news/it...oblem_pira.php

Pinch Media, who provide analytic software for developers on Apple's phones, are estimating that piracy rates are as high as 60% on the iPhone

The other way to look at it is that pirates are not your customers - no amount of protection is going to get ingrained freeloaders to pay for it.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
I think all we have to do is to mirror the Extras repository and call it Warez, then the "pirating dealbreaker" will be solved.

Regards,
Roger

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Saarbrücken - Germany
I think the time of expensive apps is pretty much over.

GPS Navigation being the last stronghold (70-90 Euros). But even here we see changes. Google Navigation is already free and caused a drop in the GPS makes stock prices. It would be easy for Nokia to provide free turn-by-turn navigation since they own Navteq!

One thing the Apple app store showed, cheap software can still make you rich. Yes I know, it does not really work for the Android market right now, but I believe that to be a technical and an marketing issue with the marketplace app.

One last thought: Why do you think there won't be pirated software for the N900? Look at the N810 and the navigation add-on for Maps.

Tags
illegal activities, pirated software