Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, Texas
Yeah, if you have 50 preorders and receive 45 items, you don't say "We have stock", you say "We have 5 backorders" and ship out the 45 preorders.

The same thing happened with Dell - orders were filled for some near the Tennessee hub, some of which were only a few days old.

button line is that newegg screwed up BIG time!. Just look at their site again. Now the N900 is out of stock I really suggest those trying to get it from newegg should just forget it and go straight to Nokiausa.com and get it. Ordered mine on Friday and it is already here.

Originally Posted by fphillips View Post
Yeah, if you have 50 preorders and receive 45 items, you don't say "We have stock", you say "We have 5 backorders" and ship out the 45 preorders.

The same thing happened with Dell - orders were filled for some near the Tennessee hub, some of which were only a few days old.
That's why I think it's a system problem..

Originally Posted by hm88 View Post
It's possible that it's a system problem (since most of us and them are prolly PC =D)

I would suggest that somebody bring this up to them. . .

I don't think the sales guys can actually do a lot about this. In fact, it might be fruitless to just send them complaints. Send them a suggestion.

Their sales division needs to talk with the IT gurus (who handle the system).

It seems that when the device is scanned when it arrived at the warehouse, it automatically adjust the N900 page @newegg.com to "in stock". This is why we hear that those that "add to cart" immediately when it's "in stock" @newegg.com actually got the device shipped.

As a result of that, a lot of us (not all of us. but im included) who "pre-order"ed earlier didn't even get the chance to be "processed" and they keep telling us that they're out of stock.

This is my 2 cent.
Hope it helps us all who preordered early. .

By the time Newegg gets stock again they'll probably only have about 10 people to ship to... I just canceled my pre-order as well

I did cancel on 20th November too.

Nov 10th "On Hold"

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
If you have a Pre order with newegg, you need to hit the ejector button!

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
preordered on 10/21/09 and my **** is on hold!!! was tempted to jump on the Nokia USA boat (i live in long island, ny) but with tax and everything it comes out to close to $1300 (ordering 2 of them), so i figured i'll stick around with newegg.

I called them today to complain about the glitch they had a couple of days ago with the people who ordered instantly and got them shipped already, and the guy says he doesn't know how that happened when they never got the phone in stock yet.
If that's true this is really F%&# up. i'm waiting for 3 devices from them.

I've complained via email two days ago about my 27/10 preorder which was not shipped.

I did not even get a reply (except the automatic reply) but this whole thing resulted in my preorder vanishing into thin air. now it does not even exist anymore.

I can't cancel it, I can't buy it somewhere else (because it might come back), no replies from newegg.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdpkom For This Useful Post:

Tags
newegg fails, nokiausa are con artists