Nov 24, 2009 7:10 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

finally!

It's finally on the way.

Ordered 9/15/09

I reordered with the new system on 10/20

Can't wait!
Attached Images

I did not place my pre-order until 10/27/09. I checked on my order status yesterday and found there were no orders in my account. When I called I was told my order had been canceled and I needed to reorder and I needed to use a different credit card. The same story as everyone else. But if their "new" system was in place 10/20/09 then how/why did my order get canceled.

I went through (2) different C/S agents and called both credit card companies to verify they have both received and authorized the charges. After 30 min with the 2nd guy he tells me that my original order was not canceled but is currently being "verified" by their internal system. When I probed as to why then would the order no longer show on my orders page he replied that when they start to verify an order they take it off the order page. Such CRAP!!

In the end I got the call back on Monday and check to see where your order(s) are at. I have (3) authorized but not posted charges to (2) different credit cards and I am really annoyed by this whole thing.

When I tried to check the "my orders" page today I got a 502 Proxy error.

All I wanted to do was buy my husband a Christmas present... think I'll get it by then???

Does anyone in the US actually have their phone yet?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Just tried to place another order after 11 days since my last attempt - still declined. It's a shame too, since my total with tax and shipping was going to be $513 (N900 4-day sale price - 15% + $1 express shipping + 6% sales tax). Still no resolution in sight on Nokia's end, although I've been promised a call back with an update by Wednesday (Dec 2).

I just tried, yet again, to place a web-order. But I was blocked.

Has anyone figured out what exactly is tripping up their system? What part is blacklisted -- my name, my email, my mailing address? I tried two different debit cards -- perhaps they just don't take debit cards at all?

Originally Posted by awwaiid View Post
I just tried, yet again, to place a web-order. But I was blocked.

Has anyone figured out what exactly is tripping up their system? What part is blacklisted -- my name, my email, my mailing address? I tried two different debit cards -- perhaps they just don't take debit cards at all?
I've seen more than one claim elsewhere, from people with similar problems, that once triggered, Nokia's internal "fraud" system pays attention to the shipping address. I don't know the actual cause myself, just what I've seen in various reports, but I have the same problem myself with the new order that Nokia Support attempts to place.

According to my credit card company, Nokia places a $1 hold as a test charge, but then disconnects rather than putting the actual charge through. Thus, the problem definitely lies on Nokia's end, rather than the credit card company's.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Who knows... definitely doesn't seem as though they do. Earlier they asked me if I could use someone else's identity to place the order (commit fraud to circumvent the fraud prevention system?).

Just an update: I've edited the first message in the thread to document the problems I and many others (in this thread and elsewhere) have had with Nokia's credit card processing. As stated in that edit, currently pursuing other avenues to get this resolved, and I will keep this thread updated with what I discover.

Update: all issues resolved, details in edit of initial post.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
As Consultant Barbie might say: "Ecommerce is hard. Let's go shopping!"