- 3.2" capacitive touchscreen
- 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- 16 gigs of internal storage
- 600 MHz processor.
- 12 megapixel autofocus camera
- Carl Zeiss optics
- a Xenon flash + Dual LED flash.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/just_another...-news-1296.php

My hint about Maemo 6 is the resolution, Symbian doesn't support 800x480. Also Nokia announced today* that they'll be "delivering first Maemo 6-powered mobile computer, with an iconic user experience, in the second half of 2010"

* http://www.nokia.com/press/press-rel...newsid=1358666
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

Last edited by gecebekcisi; 2010-01-16 at 05:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to gecebekcisi For This Useful Post:
And they also told about improvements in symbian?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
And they also told about improvements in symbian?
Yes, but AFAIK Symbian^2 or Symbian^3 won't support this resolution, though I've to google to find a source for that.
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hmmm... I do believe one of the Symbians biggest problems has been its incapability to adapt to new resolutions. Now that it's UI layer is done with Qt (in the future atleast), is it possible that this is Symbian+Qt device?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Yet another test device.

The Following User Says Thank You to xitrum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i believe its symbian^3 as that will support HD video and HDMI output
theres no point having them camera specs until then.
i'm not 100% sure but i think symbian as supported higher resolution screens ever since s60v3.2 as a simple OS hack and search through folders exposed it if i remember correctly

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
Yes, but AFAIK Symbian^2 or Symbian^3 won't support this resolution, though I've to google to find a source for that.
Nokia E90 had a screen resolution of 800x352 pixels with Symbian S60v3 FP1.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e90-1857.php

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post:
I have all news about this device

it uses Symbian !! Not Maemo. !!

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
Nokia E90 had a screen resolution of 800x352 pixels with Symbian S60v3 FP1.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e90-1857.php
I know that, but E90 was an unique device like 7710, so that resolution was specifically tailored for the device.

Also I was talking about future versions, which are unproductized yet and subject to change anytime.

In conclusion, this device might be true, or not. If it's true, it might run Maemo or not. It's just uncertain ATM with the tiny amount of information with argumentative reliability that I found and I'm simply placing a bet

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
We need a Rumors forum if there's not one already here (I don't remember, sorry).

The specs coudl fit a Maemo or Symbian device - have folks gotten so blinded that they can't see that the devices literally can do the same hardware. The screen resolution argument is moot - Nokia has tweaked the res of Symbian devices before. The nomeculure of the device points to it being Symbian per device-line history.

Anyone one else want to do a non-scale hand-drawn concept and pass it off as a rumor on the day that Nokia talks to shareholders about what's coming next year. Sheesh...

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post: