Active Topics

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
Anyone who says the iPhone is ahead of all other smartphones is probably way better of with the iPhone
One of the best responses about a more popular, yet inferior product in regards to its fan base that I have ever come across.

You, Sir, get a gold star.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
@OP

We don't care why you are leaving, we are just glad you are gone.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
yeah, and YO MOMMA!
rofl...

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
Hey all you maemo enthusiasts,

just want to say goodbye to N900 and maemo. I was really thinking about buying one, but luckily, I got my iphone 2 weeks ago.

For me the situation is quite simple:
- Nokia did a really, really bad job concerning product communication (here I mean the announcment of a release date, not any product marketing - have you seen any?)
- The iphone is (for me) better anyhow (what counts for my daily mobil use: thinner, low weight, no mechanical degrees of freedom)

Well, if a spend several hundred bucks for a smartphone, I want a up to date product . The iphone is now ahead all smartphones I checked so far. Design, Interface and, well take a look at the AppStore, the choice IS impressing.

I wish you a early delivery - hopefully before the iphone 4G is out

-SmartMic
And a whole thread just for this?, just realized more phones for the rest of us

Last edited by nashith; 2009-12-02 at 05:00.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
now now peoples..let the kid enjoy his toiphone while us grown ups can play with our beloved n900s. this thread is beginning to get out of hand. Please CLOSED this thread.

p.s. i love my n900, do YOU?!

I agree with kin900

Mods should CLOSE this thread.. If I was a mod thats what I would have done first. :|

Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
Hey all you maemo enthusiasts,

just want to say goodbye to N900 and maemo. I was really thinking about buying one, but luckily, I got my iphone 2 weeks ago.

For me the situation is quite simple:
- Nokia did a really, really bad job concerning product communication (here I mean the announcment of a release date, not any product marketing - have you seen any?)
- The iphone is (for me) better anyhow (what counts for my daily mobil use: thinner, low weight, no mechanical degrees of freedom)

Well, if a spend several hundred bucks for a smartphone, I want a up to date product . The iphone is now ahead all smartphones I checked so far. Design, Interface and, well take a look at the AppStore, the choice IS impressing.

I wish you a early delivery - hopefully before the iphone 4G is out

-SmartMic
Dude i play with the iPhone before...it sucks. No multitasks...and you cant' even go to Youtube and see the pages the way it meant to be seen.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
...and you cant' even go to Youtube and see the pages the way it meant to be seen.
Sure ya can, just click "Desktop" in the bottom, right-hand corner:

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  59.1 KB

I think people love iPhone aplications, ypur grandmother can find and download a iPhone aplication. Its very easy. In my country most of the banks have an iPhone aplication. I dont need a pc for internet banking.

Yes you are right most of these aplication can make for other platforms. But for example i need a dictionary, how i can find and download it with no problem for s60 platform. İts not easy. Becouse which one is best, i can trust this software, who knows?

we have a traffic info aplication, JAVA versiyon wanted to download more than 600.000 numbers. But how many installed, runed and connected to our server for data, only 150.000, where are the rest, becouse of mostly APN setup, aplications have to go internet with "internet" APN, so why default "wap" APN,
in iPhone there is no WAP APN for aplications, so no setup, download and run. It will always run, you can sure, but other, general manager of a company have to setup APN, so he thinks o this phone is not working, ohh but iphone no problem.
More then 70.000 iPhone users use our aplicaiton. 150.000 all other phones, 70.000 iPhone, so with this two number, I can say, iPhone users use their phone for other purpose more then other phones. Other phones user only use for talk.

So lets think, why so many people buys iPhone,
if your answer is becouse the are silly,

so no need to talk. Take 10 different phone and make their APN setup, you will start to cry, if all aplicatios needsinternet apn why default wap APN, its very easy problem to solve, I think Jobs looked people, see easy problems, and solved them.
I am plannling to buy N900, I will sold my iPhone but buy a iPod touch, I give more than 200$ for aplications

sory about my bad English

Last edited by yba; 2009-12-02 at 22:37.

i would buy an iphone. if it werent an iphone. don't like the resolution, capacitive screen and the battery which is not replacable. thereby some of them explode.

about the appstore:

choice is impressing. BUT. VERY BIG BUT. IF you look at the worst APPS they are SO BAD your taste gets demolished that much that you don't even want to look at other apps. thats kind of the tricky part with the app store. this is offcourse no valid reason but it does shows something that if there are really really bad apps, that just gives something away of prioritys, overall company professionality etc.

Tags
leave with dignity please, not so smart after all