Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Yeah, if you have your gmail setup with the mail client, it will notify you of new messages.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
there has been so much talk about multiple calendars not working I think. Not sure if that has changed. There are other google calendar threads out there that answer that I'm sure ... I do not know, sorry.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
It seems it syncs only the first calendar defined in the Google Calendar ...

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
[QUOTE=rcadden;345295]The first thing I did when I pulled my N900 out was set up and sync with Google over Mail for Exchange - works brilliantly, though you'll need to tinker with the settings or else you'll get constant 'server not responding' errors (seems Google doesn't like it when you ping constantly).

Can you tell us what settings that you tinkered with? I'm still stuck with the "Exchange server not responding" error for my google calendar.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
I think that is the same problem with BlackBerry sync - only the 1st calendar is synced

That is the reason why there are many requests at Google board to allow to color activities based on certain logic so you do not have to have 10 calendars

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
I am stuck with "Exchange server not responding" error too.. First, It synced correctly, but this error occured after I created some events in calendar...

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow, Russia

just dont poll more then once or twice a day. Dont do every hour or even faster that will not work reliable.

At least that is what works for me for syncing the calendar.

Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
just dont poll more then once or twice a day. Dont do every hour or even faster that will not work reliable.

At least that is what works for me for syncing the calendar.
I have it set up to poll every 30 minutes during peak time and did it far more often during testing. No problems at all.

The problem with "Exchange server not responding" is due to email. You cannot synchronize gmail via MfE (Mail for Exchange). You need to set up a separate gmail imap account. Disable that and contact/calendar sync will work correctly.

The Following User Says Thank You to in-maemo For This Useful Post: