Active Topics

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by NickF22 View Post
Eventually I did - but only after I re-enabled the non-Nokia repos, for some reason. Installed fine - but everything's very orange! It takes maybe 2-3 seconds to to take a photo - can't see much use except for quick blogging etc.
Yes need a lot of light. Took a shot in daylight looks ok.
I would call this beta.

Last edited by heavyt; 2007-03-23 at 23:30. Reason: add

Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
I installed the camera app, but not with the "clean" repositories, cause I backed up my sources.list via the backup manager. No problems installing it, but problems using it. If you have trouble installing it, just forget it, it's not worth loosing much time. I started the app, clicked on the "take photo" icon -> 1 Minute(!!) , a completely locked down device (by that time) and me praying to God(or Linux-God-Admin, whatever you call him) later and the picture was taken Then on the picture, I wasn't been able to distinguish whether this mysterious blotch is my nose or maybe my ear... maybe that was just my head? Nevertheless, my head is not that much undefined in realitiy
Works fine for me. At least as good as the applet that was available as 'knips'.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Beijing, China
I updated to the new OS late last night and I found that the whole thing is more responsive. After resintalling some apps I saw most visible improvement in Gaim. Previously Gaim was unacceptably slow on my N800, so slow that inputing text would be causing severe delays. After the update I tried using MSN and Yahoo in Gaim and switching back and forth between Gaim and browser, RSS reader, etc. and it's A LOT faster. No delay in text input any more. For me Gaim is usable now!

@Keyser.Soze:
then I am not the only one who is wondering if this little thing is running faster, now. For me, it "feels" a bit snappier with new firmware ...

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
@Keyser.Soze:
then I am not the only one who is wondering if this little thing is running faster, now. For me, it "feels" a bit snappier with new firmware ...
Actually I think your "a bit snappier" is a bit of an understatement.

I am just cautious and not quite optimistic when it comes to programming and software

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Snappier was my first impression too. It may be because of a fresh install though so time will tell... M/Mapper, for instance seemed to load much faster.

problem solved

Last edited by hemplacrosse4; 2007-03-24 at 01:57.

Hmmm....youtube is not that fast as I thought it is. My "Biber Brueder" series is not really enjoyable. MaYbe the guys just couldnt get out more of flash7.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Eastern U.S.A.
one little bug...After the upgrade and new boot, it asked if I wanted to restore from a backup it found, I said "yes" and it sat for 15 minutes at the "restoring email messages" progress bar with 0%. I aborted it and it said it had restored over 1000 of 2000-odd files.

Someone needs to look at that progress bar. It's definitely not updating, though the device seems to be making progress.