Active Topics

OK Here is how you get your certificate if you already have exchange working on another device.

1. Get the name of the mail server from your current mobile device. (On Symbian its in the Mail for Exchange "Server" setting).
2. Lets say that this server is "mobileserver.mycompany.co.uk"
3. Use this url in internet explorer address bar like so (adding certserv) https://mobileserver.mycompany.co.uk/certserv

4. You should arrive at the home page of your mail server, and it will say something like "you are about to be redirected to a secure connection to check your identity and credentials"
5. You will notice a padlock at the end of the address bar on IE7.
6. Click the padlock
7. Click "view certificates"
8. Click the "Details" tab
9. You will now see your certifcate details.
10. Click "Copy to File". A Wizard will start up
11. Click "Next"
12. Select the format of your certificate as Base-64-encoded X.509(.CER)
13 Type in the file name you want to save it as leaving off the extension.
14. Click "Next"
15. A nice shiny Certifcate will now be on your computer ready to save to your N900 in what ever means you choose.
16. Use the N900 certificate tool to import the certificate

I dont have N900 so someone else will have to show the steps to import.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
MikeC,

thanks for the steps, i managed to do that last night, transferred the cert to my N900 and installed it. i can now see the cert in cert manager, however, Still cannot sync with MfE. i get the same error.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
i managed to do that last night, transferred the cert to my N900 and installed it. i can now see the cert in cert manager, however, Still cannot sync with MfE. i get the same error.
Is this the "exchange account disabled. access refused" error you posted earlier? That doesn't look to have anything whatsoever to do with certificates - looks to me like either your account doesn't have mobile access enabled, or your Exchange system will not allow non-provisionable devices.

hi together,
unfortunately i have the same problem
"Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled"

our company has exchange server 2007 - allow non-provisionalble devices is enabled.

I got two different certificates and tried to install both of them.

First is from other nokia devices and installation on N900 was no problem but I have still the same error message!

The second certificate is from our website! I'm not able to install ths second certificate on the N900!
I exported it with all possible endings (.crt, .cer, .p7b) and saved them on my N900. When trying to install them there is no "install" button on my n900 as it was before!
When clicking on the certificate just the details have been shown but no possibility to install it!

certificate is also not in the certificate manager!!

would be great to get support!!

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
After 3 days of no joy i managed to sync my google calendar and contacts. Tried a different method and it worked first time.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
After 3 days of no joy i managed to sync my google calendar and contacts. Tried a different method and it worked first time.
care to elaborate on that "different method"?

I have been trying to set up mfe sync with google from the email application on the device (where you would start setting up Nokia Messaging/email accounts).

No joy what so ever. This morning i went to settings and in connectivity i selected mfe and used the same settings i've been using and hey presto done in seconds.

Hope this is clear enough and helps anyone out there.

EDIT

Just added a few entries and synced manually and it works a treat.

Last edited by Nitchers; 2009-12-03 at 14:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nitchers For This Useful Post:
Subcore did it work for you?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Is this the "exchange account disabled. access refused" error you posted earlier? That doesn't look to have anything whatsoever to do with certificates - looks to me like either your account doesn't have mobile access enabled, or your Exchange system will not allow non-provisionable devices.
Hi Robin,

Yes, its the same error "exchange account disabled. access refused"

my account does seem to be enabled as my E90 does work. I asked our Exchange admin and they said my settings are correct so it should work... (i dont know if that means non-provisionable devices is enabled or disabled)

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
Subcore did it work for you?
i'm still waiting for my device, i just thought this information might be useful to many.

especially for vitaly, because it sounds like it might be a bug. there should be no difference where you create the account.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!