Active Topics

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reston, VA
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Did you see hypnotiks comment, sounds like some voodoo in the way you install cert
==================================
Edit: Ok, I don't know what happened, but I actually saved the .pem file to the device first this time before opening the certificate manager (instead of opening the certificate manager directly from the browser) and it seems to have imported it and it works to connect to Exchange. Apparently if you open the cert manager from the browser (by navigating to a .pem file) it doesn't import it correct (even though the cert is listed in certificate manager). So now things are cool.
=========================

Thanks!
how did you get the .pem file? i am lost as i cannot connect at all to my work's mfe.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Is this the "exchange account disabled. access refused" error you posted earlier? That doesn't look to have anything whatsoever to do with certificates - looks to me like either your account doesn't have mobile access enabled, or your Exchange system will not allow non-provisionable devices.
i have had an e71 and an iphone able to connect through my work's server. i get this error when trying with my n900. any suggestions?

Originally Posted by 5tapl3r View Post
how did you get the .pem file? i am lost as i cannot connect at all to my work's mfe.
did you see my guide on post 53 in the thread

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
i have had an e71 and an iphone able to connect through my work's server. i get this error when trying with my n900. any suggestions?
The iPhone 3GS is provisionable (earlier iPhones weren't, but - pre OS 3.1 - lied about it), as (I believe, though I can't find anything concrete on this) is the E71, so it would suggest your Exchange system is blocking non-provisionable devices.

If this is the case, your only option currently is to ask your Exchange admin to disable this requirement.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
No. It does not.
When will the N900 support provisioning? I understand that you may not know, but how could we tell Nokia that is functionality is important? I for one will need it!

Also, is MfE provisional on the N97? If I log in to OWA, I can see:
First Sync on: Sun 7/26/2009 17:56
Device Friendly Name: Nokia/Mail For Exchange
Device ID: IMEI******************
Device Model: NokiaN97
Device OS: 20.0.019
Device IMEI: IMEI****************
User Agent: NokiaN97/2.09(162)MailforExchange
Might there be other ways to sync the calendar and email? Is there a 3rd party app that can sync regardless of provisionability?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post

If this is the case, your only option currently is to ask your Exchange admin to disable this requirement.
would he have to turn that off only for me, or for everyone?

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
would he have to turn that off only for me, or for everyone?
He can create a separate Exchange ActiveSync policy with "allow non-provisionable devices set to true" and it apply it only to your mailbox.

The Following User Says Thank You to hypnotik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by rjzak View Post
When will the N900 support provisioning? I understand that you may not know, but how could we tell Nokia that is functionality is important? I for one will need it!
You are telling it right now. Believe me, it is visible.

Also, is MfE provisional on the N97?
Yes, it is.

Might there be other ways to sync the calendar and email? Is there a 3rd party app that can sync regardless of provisionability?
I have not heard about such application.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
You are telling it right now. Believe me, it is visible..
Thank you. I need to see my work schedule and emails on the go, so for me I need this before I can justify purchasing the N900.

Here is the issue i am facing with mfe.
I do a firmware update using the Nokia PC suite
I setup my account for Mfe and it works fine.
try to sync it and all is well wit the world.
I setup a wireless connection using the internet connections and try to sync with server and i start getting ' Either the exchange server requires secure connection or account is either disabled"
Any subsequent attempts to sync yield the same error. Deleting the wireless connection does not help either.

Anyone else tried these steps or face similar problems or notice this pattern?

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!