It appears there are a few that came defective. Sorry to hear yours appears to be one of them. All I know is Nokia support will take it back and repair it for you, though if I were you I would just demand a new one instead of having it repaired.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
For some reason, my device's microphone has stopped working. It has never been dropped, and is treated like the loaner it is. I've tried using Maemo Recorder to test if it was the Phone app, but it doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I remember somewhere someone said their mic wasn't functioning. Was a reason ever discovered? This really sux for me...
And as far as I know people were returning their phones for replacement... some sort of hardware defect.

The Following User Says Thank You to hypnotik For This Useful Post:
ugh, will all n900 mics eventually fail?

reboot didn't fix it?

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
I sent mine back and am going to recive a replacement tommorow fingers crossed this one works.

http://www.mobile-users.net/2009/12/...r-mic-problem/

Try that guys... Worked for me.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Hello,

Guess what no mic here either!!

I can add to the battery charging debate.

I bought a spare battery and external charger, so my battery had been on charge a week before placing in my new N900!

What's the verdict, RMA it or wait for a fix??

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Thanks for that link, guys. I think something is wrong with search, because I spent a few minutes looking for that, and did search "N900 mic failure" and got nothing, but today it is working. Go figure. I'll reflash and see if that helps...

This unit isn't mine, anyway. Its a Nokia employee's I'm using to get used to the OS before mine gets here. Hope it is software. Looking back, even the FM radio stopped working, so I bet its software. I'll tell ya in a min.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
Considering I spent two hours just futzing around with alsamixer, I'm convinced it's a hardware issue. My busted one arrived at the repair/replacement (whatever) center this afternoon. No word yet on the replacement.. Back to waiting

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
Originally Posted by nirave View Post
http://www.mobile-users.net/2009/12/...r-mic-problem/

Try that guys... Worked for me.
I reflashed mine the other day and it didn't help, but then again the microphone on mine *never* worked. It seems some people are ending up with totally dead mics, intermittent mics, and perfectly fine mics.

edit: I now realize I should have tried flashing the eMMC as well, all I tried flashing was the fiasco image, durr. :-/

Last edited by Klowner; 2009-12-04 at 02:11.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
have any of the guys with issues reflashed? It has helped many to get the mic working...

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio