So, I have got my gmail up and running through Nokia Messaging (tried through exchange first, but emails didnt come in right), and I have a few questions.

Firstly, I cant seem to edit the update frequency, but I was under the impression that it was Push? Is that correct?

Secondly, when I delete an email in your inbox on the phone, can I expect it to be deleted in my gmail inbox too?

Thanks for any answers!

Kind Regards

yep - its push and yes it will delete the mail from gmail. You can edit these settings if you want. (ie checking frequency and whether or not you want it to delete the message)

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply. Still, I cant for the life of me find the settings for the send/recieve frequency. I could set it when I had gmail through exchange, but not through nokia messaging.. the settings only cover the username and password, etc..

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
Thanks for the reply. Still, I cant for the life of me find the settings for the send/recieve frequency. I could set it when I had gmail through exchange, but not through nokia messaging.. the settings only cover the username and password, etc..
Page 59 in the user manual? Nokia Messaging settings "send and receive " -Define the sync interval

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
I found out how to update the frequency on when to check for new mail but I can't seem to find the settings for when I delete mail on my phone, I want it to also delete in my real Gmail inbox on the web. So far it hasn't been doing that, it just deletes on the phone only.

Anyone know how to have this done or is not possible yet?

p.s. I really hope we will have actual Gmail Apps and Google Map Apps coming out soon that we can actually install on the phone like the iPhone. (No I don't want my N900 to be like an iPhone, I just want apps that are designated to do what they were made for.) Are we gonna have to wait for the Ovi Store to open before we have access to these? And when is that thing gonna open because it says "Coming Soon" for the past I dunno how long! lol.

I believe those apps are provided by Google so you would have to ask Google to provide them (and they could distribute them without the Ovi store too).

There are applications however that do make use of their service (e.g. MaemoMapper for Google Maps) on the older tablets, so I'm sure you'll eventually see some as more developers get the n900.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Page 59 in the user manual? Nokia Messaging settings "send and receive " -Define the sync interval
Hmm, it doesnt seem that I have the "Syncronization" option there.. I have the language set to Norwegian though, but still.. I dont see anything where the english manual says it should be.. Il look around some more

Just checked the norwegian manual, but there is something wrong here. Firstly, the account is just named after my email address, and when I go to edit that account, I dont get any "Nokia Messagin" specific settings. The Only thing thats there are "IMAP4 account settings" for the account which doesnt let me set anything other than username/pass and server...?

Any ideas?

nokia messaging is only available through your phone connection, not through the wifi, are you connecting via wifi? you also might have to scroll down to see the setting

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
nokia messaging is only available through your phone connection, not through the wifi, are you connecting via wifi? you also might have to scroll down to see the setting
It really only works over your phone connection? That's notta so good...I could have sworn it worked over both when I used it on my E71.