Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gadget88 View Post
ordered today (12/04/09) from dell, selected one day delivery and delivery date is on or before 12/15/09...
and my delivery date is 2/5/2010.... still haven't seen it yet.

Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
and my delivery date is 2/5/2010.... still haven't seen it yet.
ya dont know what dell is upto..

Originally Posted by gadget88 View Post
ya dont know what dell is upto..
I know what dell's thumbs are upin

My order was 11/26, It just changed to shipped today. It still reads as deliver before 2/10 though. And no confirmation email to my two subscribed addresses. And I didn't complain. Was just patient.

Last edited by 86turbodsl; 2009-12-04 at 22:45.

Originally Posted by 86turbodsl View Post
My order was 11/26, It just changed to shipped today. It still reads as deliver before 2/10 though. And no confirmation email to my two subscribed addresses. And I didn't complain. Was just patient.
Patient for 11 days. Lucky dude you are.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egrims For This Useful Post:
Dear All,
This is the official deal with the orders in which the November 5th discount was used and most likely any other order where a discount was used. According to Dell, it is directly Nokia's fault. Whenever a company offers a product at a highly discounted rate, it is usually because the manufacturer is giving them a certain quantity of the product at a discounted price so they can turn over the savings to the consumer. This is exactly what happened in the case of the November 5th orders or any other orders where that discount was used. Furthermore, Nokia has assigned only a certain quantity of each batch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) to the orders where the discount was used and the rest of the handsets produced go to people who paid retail for the device. Therefore, even though someone may have placed their order on the 5th, someone can in fact order on the 19th and get their device first, if they paid full price, because the allotment of handsets in the first batch for the discounted orders has been used up. Terrible marketing from Nokia. Thoroughly infuriates me, but this is the truth. Anyone with an issue needs to contact Nokia directly and demand a policy change, as I already have.
------Kham

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
Patient for 11 days. Lucky dude you are.
No kidding. I got the 100 dollar discount, 50 rebate, 100 bing cash back and discover card discount. I figure I'm down around 340 or so.... not bragging, just grateful.

ordered 11/5 shipped 12/4 expected on the 8th. in tx. wewt finally!

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
Originally Posted by Kham View Post
Dear All,
This is the official deal with the orders in which the November 5th discount was used and most likely any other order where a discount was used. According to Dell, it is directly Nokia's fault. Whenever a company offers a product at a highly discounted rate, it is usually because the manufacturer is giving them a certain quantity of the product at a discounted price so they can turn over the savings to the consumer. This is exactly what happened in the case of the November 5th orders or any other orders where that discount was used. Furthermore, Nokia has assigned only a certain quantity of each batch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) to the orders where the discount was used and the rest of the handsets produced go to people who paid retail for the device. Therefore, even though someone may have placed their order on the 5th, someone can in fact order on the 19th and get their device first, if they paid full price, because the allotment of handsets in the first batch for the discounted orders has been used up. Terrible marketing from Nokia. Thoroughly infuriates me, but this is the truth. Anyone with an issue needs to contact Nokia directly and demand a policy change, as I already have.
------Kham
this makes a lot of sense. sadly not what i wanted to hear, but does explain quite a bit. guess ill just continue waiting patiently til my batch comes up :\

Originally Posted by charbar View Post
this makes a lot of sense. sadly not what i wanted to hear, but does explain quite a bit. guess ill just continue waiting patiently til my batch comes up :\
The only positive to waiting longer is to reduce the chance of hitting the 'possible' hardware issues (mic, random reboots) assuming Nokia is fixing the issue now

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard