I have gmail set up with Nokia Messaging and I also sync my calendar and contacts through exchange. Even though I dont sync emails through exchange, the account does appear in the email application..

however, when trying to send an email on the Nokia Messaging account it just sits in the outbox and tries to send but eventually it fails.. any ideas? thanks

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Do you get an actual "Sending failed" error? Are you sure your Gmail settings are good? Because I had to change my password yesterday because of "suspicious activity" on my account, and I had to go to the Nokia Messaging site to reflect that change.

Have you tried to access your GMail account via the browser?

pretty sure my gmail settings are correct since I can recieve mails just fine and signing works fine...

it says that my email is sending, then eventually it gives up and it says "failed" next to the email in the outbox..

What I also find strange is that when Im sending an email, it appears in the outbox on both the Nokia Messaging account and the email for exchange account.. Again, even though I dont sync my email throughe exchange (only contacts and calendar)..

Anyone? This is really problematic for me...

I'm not an Exchange user, so I' lost on that one. Maybe I'll keep bumping this thread and someone that does will see and give some insight. You may try checking the Exchange thread as well for clues.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
I gave up and started using https://www.nuevasync.com.. a bit unstable right now, but at least it works!

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
What I also find strange is that when Im sending an email, it appears in the outbox on both the Nokia Messaging account and the email for exchange account.. Again, even though I dont sync my email throughe exchange (only contacts and calendar)..

you need to check that your outgoing SMTP server settings have a valid username and password. if this is not defined, you wont be able to send. This is normal, even if your are receiving

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post

Device has one "physical" outbox.... so you can send e-mail from 4 accounts and they will al show up in the outbox across all applications...try it.

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

not sure what device or version of NM MaemoCurmudgeon is using. I have 7 distinct outboxes on mine. You sure you have an Nokia N900 and not a Nokla? LoL

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Saarbrücken - Germany
I have exactly the same issue.
I use Nokia Messageing and the email just sits in the outbox.

I guess it is back to imap...