Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Alexs View Post
The most important issue for me is whether the Zagg greatly affect the sensitivity of the screen, I already expect a little loss, but will be significant or you can live with the invisible shield on the N900 .... or had another brand more sensitive.
I had a InvisibleShield on my FIC FreeRunner (yes, I actually got one of those) and basically, it didn't affect responsiveness at all but it did certainly change the feel of the screen. It went from more of a slick texture to a less slick, slightly rubbery texture. I didn't notice any difference in terms of usability whether it was with my finger or a stylus.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
Hey everyone,

I finally received my full body zagg invisibleshield.

Here's a short review:

- Coverage: There are in total 9 pieces, and as this was my first shield, it took me 90 mins+ to insert them. Even so, it's not perfect as I saw a small dust particle on the right side of the screen but I'm not going to bother with it, as removing the screen protector at this point would do more harm I think. The pieces were all perfect fit though.

Pieces:
- Back cover: The device has a good sturdy grip with the back cover.
- A small square cover on the camera slider
- Front screen cover: It does cover the proximity. I have not used the touchscreen, but it feels different, and as others have pointed out there's more friction.
- Protection for 3 corners (4th has stylus anyway)
- Protection between volume and power buttons
Protection between power and camera button.
- Protection around the usb port
-Protection from the stylus, up to the usb port.

I'l update with some screen usage tomorrow once I let it settle down.

Last edited by smage; 2009-12-06 at 23:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to smage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
Ok I've done some more testing, as I did not like the end result for the screen.

I removed the screen protector after maybe 3 hours of applying it. After that, putting it back was the same job as before but I had to clean the dust on the sticky part of the screen protector and also reclean the screen, because my table got all the more dusty in 3 hours.

Because my room is very dusty, the end result was with a few specks of dust, but the protector fit perfectly, and this time the feeling when sliding a finger etc. is much more smooth.

So lesson in short: this stuff is really re-usable, but next time I'm installing in a dust-free environment like bathroom after a long shower :P If you're a prefectionist you will also probably go mad when installing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smage For This Useful Post:
smage, can you give us some feedback regarding the responsiveness of the screen while using a stylus?

This is the only thing holding me back from buying a zagg full body protector.

I have the screen-only protector installed and have not noticed any difference in screen responsiveness - but then again I hadn't noticed in the n800 or n810 when I had them. The rubbery texture comment is spot on - it certainly grips much better than the screen alone.

Otherwise not much to say. It does an incredible job, lasts longer than any device I've put it on, doesn't affect clarity or viewing range that I've noticed. I will say that you'll want to clear your evening to get it on. Get a room nice and steamy to get the dust out of the air, take your time, and don't be afraid to redo it until it's perfect. Once it sets after a couple of hours, it's MUCH more difficult to remove.

edit: I'm not sure the full body protection is the way to go...it will certainly do the job of protecting the whole thing against scratches, but it offers no shock protection. I had one on the n810 and the corner edges started to pull away after a while. I just trimmed them with the scissors on my pocket knife, but after a while I started to wonder why I bothered.

Last edited by dick-richardson; 2009-12-07 at 03:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to dick-richardson For This Useful Post:
cant wait for pics, maybe a youtube video

keeping in mind that I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination...

Clearprotector is same as Invisible shield and it is in stock

cool, im glad to see that the cut is very precise so that there's minimal spacing between the protector and edge

i love this phone (zooming is so great, the lil' things )

Tags
accessory, invisibleshield, n900, screen protector, zagg