Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
hey guys i just want to point something out. last night i put 2 alarms on and put my n900 on offline mode. the battery was half full.

i woke up today an hour late to work and my phone was dead.

how can this happen on offline mode???????????

just an idea: maybe have the N900 turn off before it fully dies so the alarms still work

i think this is a bug and ill log another bug report. i didnt have it on charge sinse i was at my GF place.

You had some open application or running process that drain the battery (maybe a buggy app?) or some hardware problem.

I always sleep in offline mode and the battery level is almost the same when I wake up, after 8 hours

This issue has been reported on bugzilla.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I charged mine up last night and put it in offline mode with nothing running yet this morning it was half empty, what's funny is I put my n97 away in cupboard the day I got my n900 over a week ago, maybe even 2 weeks ago and when I went and got it today i noticed it was still on with 1 bar and that was not even in offline mode but i had widgets switched off though.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-12-09 at 01:29.

hmmmm i had nothing open at all. these are the things i have installed though

mad bomber
xournal
ur-quan masters
qik
leafpad
zoutube
transmission
OSM2GO
sliderule
iNES
VGA
VGBA
Attitude
Bounce
ATI85
omweather
VNC Viewer
Petrovich
Mirror
Docs to go
Recorder
FM radio

these are also sceen shots of my desktop:
Attached Images

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
jesus, your desktops are one hell of a mess

The Following User Says Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I'd like a option to just put widgets into offline mode like the n97 as for its homescreen(widgets) that way everything works as normal except widgets don't go online to update etc

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-12-09 at 01:38.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
I'd like a option to just put widgets into offline mode like the n97 as for its homescreen(widgets) that way everything works as normal except widgets don't go online to update etc
good idea.

Originally Posted by msa View Post
jesus, your desktops are one hell of a mess
just how i like it lol.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
I went and got it today i noticed it was still on with 1 bar and that was not even in offline mode but i had widgets switched off though.
BINGO!!!!

I find the whole subsystem for radio based communication between apps/widgets problematic - very reminicent of the early days of the facebook widget on the N97.

I have noticed that the problem is that apps don't turn on AND off the roadios based on their sync schedule ( so they leave the system pinging awayeven if they are not using the radios). Also, and this is the big problem, apps and widgets dont "sleep" when the radios are shut off. So you may have shut the radios off but the apps and widgets just keep waking up looking for a connection.

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
hey guys i just want to point something out. last night i put 2 alarms on and put my n900 on offline mode. the battery was half full.

i woke up today an hour late to work and my phone was dead.
You may be experiencing the Wi-Fi bug that also affects offline mode.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...799#post416799