Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by f(x) View Post
unfortunately ,yes
I consider it FORTUNATE that several Nokia devices use the same battery. It means you can easily find an official battery if you need to.

I would be more pissed if they had designed a battery ONLY for the N900 then in 12 months stop manufacturing it because the successor to the N900 has come out.

The more devices use the same battery the better. Just sticking a larger capacity battery in is a none-solution when manufacturing a new device. The fact they stick with the same battery encourages improvements in power management rather than being lazy.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I consider it FORTUNATE that several Nokia devices use the same battery. It means you can easily find an official battery if you need to.

I would be more pissed if they had designed a battery ONLY for the N900 then in 12 months stop manufacturing it because the successor to the N900 has come out.

The more devices use the same battery the better. Just sticking a larger capacity battery in is a none-solution when manufacturing a new device. The fact they stick with the same battery encourages improvements in power management rather than being lazy.
Well, both of us having a different views.
For me if they ever made some 2000mah new battery type is better then using a low battery (btw, when Nokia is making a battery they reuse it into their other devices so this type of battery will still be available).

I was having some hope in the begging that n900 using at lest BP-4L battery (1500mah).
Please don't consider any given "Thanks" by this user as a positive sign of grateful; as a leak of giving "-Thanks" is a leaked feature here. You might be rewarded by meaningless "Thanks" by this user.
-Thanks for your understanding

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
So, anyone is brave enough to try this battery
1700mah = http://cgi.ebay.com/1700mAh-BL-5J-Ba...item4a98ccf3c5

@Darkshine:
If thats the only thing that concerns you then you shouldn't worry.

Personally , I would be scared to death of the (BoO000Ooom#!).

For now, I will keep my eyes on the extended battery reviews.
That thing looks homemade!!

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
maybe....badabing bada BOOM

will probably arrive before my N900 LOL
By the way just because the gold is a third party battery does not mean it wont actually deliver. If you look at the cells in your laptop these are made up of standard 18650 cells. These cells have matured over the last few years going from 1800mAH to now 2500mAH.

Of course the proof is in the pudding, I'm not worried about it damaging my phone, will report once it arrives.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
As, I told you they wouldn't know.
I'm not looking for an argument but I'm pretty sure they'd want to see the battery that damaged the phone O_o

Originally Posted by NotTheMessiah View Post
That thing looks homemade!!
Someone got free time to play with Li , maybe?

@mikec:
I will definitely be waiting for your review

(Just a friendly reminder, Remember to use the original battery for at lest 1.5 week and the same for the other one (Unless it's really bad))

Originally Posted by Darkshine View Post
I'm not looking for an argument but I'm pretty sure they'd want to see the battery that damaged the phone O_o
Simply, destroy your original battery or claim you got scared and throw it away as you weren't going to take a risk of hurting anyone of your family.
Please don't consider any given "Thanks" by this user as a positive sign of grateful; as a leak of giving "-Thanks" is a leaked feature here. You might be rewarded by meaningless "Thanks" by this user.
-Thanks for your understanding

Last edited by f(x); 2009-12-09 at 13:43.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
Someone got free time to play with Li , maybe?

@mikec:
I will definitely be waiting for your review

(Just a friendly reminder, Remember to use the original battery for at lest 1.5 week and the same for the other one (Unless it's really bad))

Simply, destroy your original battery or claim you got scared and throw it away as you weren't going to take a risk of hurting anyone of your family.
I agree with the above. Or, just say it was stolen and claim a new one on insurance
Very interested to see how those batteries last in comparison with the standard...I'm used to 4-5 days with moderate usage on my last phone!