Active Topics

I searched around and found a lot of discussions about HAVA but nothing much on SlingBox. Might be a dead end but I was wondering if anyone who has a SlingBox and a N900 has tried to view it in the slingplayer browser version. I realize there's no application made for it (really hope there will be) but I wasn't sure if the browser side worked.

Looks like HAVA will have a better chance of working but no verified details on that yet either unless someone knows something I don't...

I tried running sling.com on my n900 yesterday to no avail. I know it requires flash but it just sits there when trying to connect to my sling solo.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
ya its a shame there is no maemo version yet. i played it no problem on my symbian device, but no love for maemo

I think its not possible , since you need WebSlingPlayer plugin installed for your browser. There are plugin versions for Firefox and IE for PC , but unless someone ports the plugin to fennec on N900 it won't be possible.

Browsing with my S605th N97 browser results in an error message "Your browser is not supported".

Still no dedicated Player for symbian 5th edition. 3rd Edition works like a charm.

Hopefully we will get support for it, but it doesn't look good in the near future. I am planning to get a hava setup, because it looks like it's not that far away from N8x0 implementation. Quality on a screen like the N900 will be nearly the same.

Pretty sure HAVA is already implemented for the N8x0 tablets. I'm going to e-mail them later and see if they have anything planned for the N900. If that's the case I'll definitely be grabbing a HAVA unit. They look pretty good compared to Sling anyway.

I have both a Sling Solo and a Hava titanium so whichever one I can get working will make me a happy camper.

Originally Posted by parkee99 View Post
I have both a Sling Solo and a Hava titanium so whichever one I can get working will make me a happy camper.
How do you like the Hava compared to the Solo? I have a Solo too and was looking at the Hava Titanium. Especially if I can get it to my N900.

Which would you prefer if you had to choose?

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
How do you like the Hava compared to the Solo? I have a Solo too and was looking at the Hava Titanium. Especially if I can get it to my N900.

Which would you prefer if you had to choose?
I like them equally well. I did have some trouble with sling when they update their firmware/player. Customer service is very difficult.

I have a Mac and HAVA isn't as compatible with it. If you are a Mac fan, go with SlingBox. I emailed them about Maemo 5 today and am "patiently" waiting for a response. I will let you guys know when I get an answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to bkmgtpe3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bkmgtpe3 View Post
I have a Mac and HAVA isn't as compatible with it. If you are a Mac fan, go with SlingBox. I emailed them about Maemo 5 today and am "patiently" waiting for a response. I will let you guys know when I get an answer.
Interesting. At this point I'm only mac and linux so that could be a problem...I'm surprised it's not as mac friendly when the support linux based tablets.

I sent them an e-mail too, hopefully it's positive.

The Following User Says Thank You to egrims For This Useful Post: