Active Topics

Would be great to use the same gesture in maps app, image viewer, where it is feasible. Developers shouldn't be bothered to implement it, this gesture should be transparent to application.

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
The spinning gesture should be made to work identically to "pinch-to-zoom" on Maemo 6. That way, applications will zoom consistently without modification between Maemo 5 and 6.
Vote here:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...maemo_gesture/

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-15 at 00:39. Reason: status

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by sph View Post
Would be great to use the same gesture in maps app, image viewer, where it is feasible. Developpers shouln't be bothered to implemented, this gesture should be transparent to application.

Vote here:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...maemo_gesture/
Yup, simple idea, and would be very helpful
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Great... looking forward to it being implemented.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Nice and simple idea. Voted

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
what about additional gestures? what about having spinning as input method like for text size and not only zoom? I dont know if you are able to assign a function to the gesture yet; there is always another use case I can think of.

A topped framework accessible like buttons would be a very feature used by developers I think.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Yes, great. I hope it would soon be possible at images and PDF Documents!

Voted...

Actually, it would be much smarter (and imho easier) to implement the spinning gesture on a device driver level. it should simply send buttons 4 and 5 (mouse wheel up and down), just like synaptics touch pads would on edge-circular scrolling. That way it would be universally implemented and really any app would already have scrolling implemented using this spin gestures. Devs would then only need to care about remapping input for buttons 4 and 5 to zooming instead of scrolling.

But I'm unsure if the community has any influence on the touchpanel device driver.

Yep good call - voted
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
The spinning gesture should be made to work identically to "pinch-to-zoom" on Maemo 6. That way, applications will zoom consistently without modification between Maemo 5 and 6.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post: