Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
there are so many people with this issue...
I really hope it is something that can be fixed through a firmware update
i dont want to go through the hassle of shipping again
Yeah... Hope so. Otherwise this is great device. I'm in love!

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by Simoen View Post
Have anyone asked Nokia about this issue? I'll go and send an email right now...
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6334

Originally Posted by bossrulez View Post
can you confirm that you have NO reboots while browsing?, mine seems to occur as soon as I browse WLAN. I havent tried 3g browsing yet, but guess it wont matter.

Try to browse both WLAN and 3g and will you please let me know ? after browsing also please wait for the device to screen lock and then try to do browsing again. I have almost narrowed my reboots to "wake-up" of the device(60% of times)
i had totally random reboots couldnt tell what was causing it. sometimes using IM, browsing, playing games, application manager, even when using the home screen. so someone suggested here to go replace it and i did so right now im using my n900. and im so glad no boots so far! its working great. its been 4hrs or so. i think its a hardwares related issue.

Are you actually using your device? How? Maybe a piece of furniture?

My Finnish N900 has never rebooted on me. I use it all the time for web, media playing, photo taking, occasional gaming (have installed Bounce and Open Arena Quake 3). I also use IMAP emails.

I browse using 3G and WLAN both daily. Never rebooted.

I think the most logical explanation for the reboots is either a faulty batch or some piece of software or operator-related hardware/functionality that differs, because it definitely is not happening on mine.

And judging from the poll on the other thread, the "rebooters" are a minority. But it seems to be an existing problem clearly, because it is a significant minority.

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
If its hardware related, there may be some bad memory areas which only show up sporadically. If there are 'really' folks on here claim ZERO reboots after weeks of use it could still point to a hardware issue..
I claim zero unwanted reboots. Absolutely none. I would definitely report if it were happening, but it is not.

I got mine the first week these were shipping, late Nov.

I havnt had any unexpected reboots till just now..

I dont know if anyone has seen these but i turned my device off, then i turned it back on. and it went on rebooting like 3 times. Which kinda pissed me off actually.

The one that I received from Nokia kept rebooting, the one from Dell has never rebooted. sent the nokia one back. Using the one Dell sent no problem so far. More and More leaning towards hardware (batch) issues.

Just got my shipment from Amazon...and it has the reboot problem. Crap. I guess I need to send it back.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New York City
Lots of reboots, from NewEgg (USA). Seems to happen most when I take it out of idle or boot it, then immediately do something taxing (like a browser).

Tags
lack of quality control