Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by decantur View Post
apt-get clean

Doesn't that work and wouldn't it be a bit easier?
You probably know a lot more than I do! It's been 10 years or so since my Unix use. Thanks!

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
iJanne, the N86 is the 3rd Edition S60 flagship, the N97 is for 5th Edition, and the N900 is the Maemo flagship at the moment, and Nokia's flagship OS is Maemo, so why wouldn't it be Nokia's flagship?
Well, because Nokia executives says it is not?

Maemo is, as announced by Nokia, at 4 out of 5 - one step from consumer smartphone readiness. It is not yet ready to be a flagship and they know it - thus the announced it accordingly.

Go to any Nokia site and check out which phones are listed first in their product pages. The N97 models. That is the current flagship because N900 is not yet a full consumer smartphone and Maemo is not yet ready to carry flagship torch content etc. wise.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Fair enough. I was asking for your specific opinion. I am satisfied with the answers, and agree philosophically. I'm just wondering if that changes with M6? Thanks for the Linux help, guys. Enjoying the new games. How did you figure out the filename to download from the repo, btw?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
IMHO maemo is no where near being Nokia's flagship OS, it as ability to become so but we are still a year away from a main stream version of maemo and releasing it don't automaticly mean it will become so, that's up to the consumer to decide not the people pushing it

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Its just my flagship. But I certainly agree. In a year, Maemo will be pretty nice kit.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Nokia tried to position the n900 as "non-flagship", but for some reason, their marketing execs, don't get it. It is the flagship.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Its just my flagship. But I certainly agree. In a year, Maemo will be pretty nice kit.
i agree to me its my flagship too, its certainly the nokiaflagship in terms of raw power,
I was just pushing the view of how outsiders would probably see it who are not as biased as us

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
when i try to add the ovi repository it fails??

and the apt-get command fails to. unable to find app????

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Well, I'm seeing their files in /opt/offscr*... However, when you use apt-get, be sure to check your /var/cache/apt/archives for any leftovers...
Strange, I've used apt-get clean, but now when I try to refresh emails or use conversations i get the message:

unable to receive or send new messages.
Device storage full.
Remove data to free memory.

Any ideas? I can't seem to find a setting to save to memory card.
I've installed all of the offscr files, while i only moved the initial .deb files.

Last edited by Thor; 2009-12-11 at 08:30.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
OMG flash 10.....not! Bend over and kiss that Adobe Arse.