Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i used TV-out last week to stream a live football match on my n900 what was not on in UK, the results amazed me, the picture was awesome on my 32inch screen

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
The noise problem may be solved by that new internal firmware, but could that band be a hardware problem with the camera itself?
The band is also a firmware problem, the fix is already in place and will be distributed with the next update.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
my front camera is really bad too with the band on the right. a lot of green/red noise, I've not checked it in daylight so it may just be low light noise, I hope it's better in better lighting because right now its hard to actually recognize myself, the image quality is that bad.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by ldr View Post
I don't mind the bad quality of the front-camera, that's just a gimmick for me. I wanted to know because now is the moment for using guarantee if something is broken.

I'll contact nokia care about the tv-out then, I really get nothing but a black screen.

Thanks for the response.
Did you activate the TV-out in Settings, as Andre explained?

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
my front camera is really bad too with the band on the right. a lot of green/red noise, I've not checked it in daylight so it may just be low light noise, I hope it's better in better lighting because right now its hard to actually recognize myself, the image quality is that bad.
this makes me feel a lot better that everyone is having this issue... I thought I had a bad unit.

Make 100% sure that you are choosing the right input on your TV. Some models can have a lot of inputs and choosing the right one can be hard for even the best :P

Also, since the N900 cable is compoSITE, make sure you didn't connect it to compoNENT inputs. CompoSITE are three in a row, yellow, white, red, while compoNENT inputs are five in a row (or 5 very near each other), coloured red, green, blue, white and red. The inputs look the same, so confusion might occur

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Florida
I tried the TV-out on my N900 for the first time last night.
I had to wiggle the cable a lot to get an image up on the screen and I only had it for about 30 sec. Then I moved the cable and was never able to get it back again.

The phone does not seem to realize that the cable is pluged in because the audio continues to play out of the phone (the head phone do work)

Today I was thinking about it and I wonder,
Do all 3 RCA plugs have to be plugged in?
The TV i tried it on only has Mono Audio so I let the RED plug hanging. Maybe when i was wiggling the plug it thought it was connected.

Does anyone know if all 3 plugs need to be hooked up?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Does anybody know if the TV output is driven all the time or does it detect the jack connection or impedance of the input and activate the output circuitry?

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by nashith View Post
Does anybody know if the TV output is driven all the time or does it detect the jack connection or impedance of the input and activate the output circuitry?
Yes it detects, otherwise it wouldn't be able to work with a headset on the same port.

Its also why you have to plug the TV end in first, so it can detect the impedance (or whatever it checks to tell the difference between a TV and a microphone).

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
I seem to remember that on the S60 phones the detection is based on the cable, not what the cable is plugged into. (I think there's a capacitor in the AV cable)