Hi,
This is either a major bug or my inability to figure out a simple solution. I can't end phone calls in portrait mode if the keypad was used (enabled) during the conversation. There is no close out button in portrait mode to get out of the keypad view and end the call! I have to utilize both hands to slide the physical keyboard out, so that the view returns to landscape and then I am able to get out of the keypad and end the phone call. This is extremely annoying! Is there any way to close out of the keypad menu while in portrait mode?
Thanks.

Isn't there a little back arrow in the upper right corner?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
You realize that the keypad is just like all the other context menues in Maemo5. You just touch anywhere outside of it (ie the space above the keypad when its open) and it automatically closes it.

Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
Isn't there a little back arrow in the upper right corner?
Oh, ok, I got it now The problem is it's not so obvious (the little back arrow) because it gets kind off washed out when the keypad is opened. In order to get to this back arrow one has to know to tap in the right top corner.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Also, I believe phone calls end simply by closing the phone application.

I accidentally launched a phone call once and it suddenly dawned on me how awkward it is not having an end call button. I panicked trying to cancel and multi-tasked away from the phone applet. I quickly hit x next to the phone application and that was the end of that.

Was glad its that simple but also would be easy to accidentally end a call if multi-tasking at the same time, but then that's always a risk with multi-tasking, closing the wrong thing.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

hahahhaa imagine you called you voicemail, had to turn off the device or end task to get out of it

Tags
close, disconnect, end call, fremantle, keypad, maemo, maemo 5, phone