Active Topics

Originally Posted by labra View Post
Hi!

Now I managed to solve this. I added the cert to the certificate store. By going though the /home/user/ directory I found out that these certificates are put to /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory. The /home/user/.activesync/certs/ -directory does not have any symlinks to there. I manually symlinked the imported certificate from the .maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory to the activesync's directory, and it works!

(though it shouldn't be this hard)...

BR, Lari
Could you post the terminal commands for doing this? I am still learning how to use *nix platforms and i would reallly like to solve this problem, although i am not entirely sure its the same problem. I can hook into mfe via wifi, Just not thru TMO US. If i goto the owa site in the browser it does not work unless i install the cert, but i still cant use mfe unless im on wifi, i have been on support with tmo and nok all week with no luck...this is the only problem keeping me from having mobile harmony. Any help fixing this will be appreciated. I work in the IT dept, and i looked @our exchange07 server and we allow non prov devices. We have tons of iphones and androids running around, so i assumed it was a TMO issue. It used to work on my e71, then after i called tmo to tell em i got a new device (coming from a g1) it stopped working on the e71 as well!
this has all been very frustrating, i am about to sling this device to pay off all the ETFs on my family plan and just get the moto droid or, dare i say, an iPhone....

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Setup M4E on my review N900 just fine as well; put the password in wrong a few times, but it was as simple as can be really. If you don't know your domain though, that might throw you off some. Check your IT admin to make sure that your M4E settings are not the 'fuzzy' OMA-like settings that some WinMobile (and iPhone) devices have to use.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
My IT guys have tried for three days without success! Wifi or USA TMO no luck. I can not do the initial sync with my work, and
I know it has nothing to do with provisioning since Nokia E51 and E71 work. My conclusion is again imperfect software from Nokia

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Azimalicous View Post
Could you post the terminal commands for doing this? I am still learning how to use *nix platforms and i would reallly like to solve this problem, although i am not entirely sure its the same problem. I can hook into mfe via wifi, Just not thru TMO US. If i goto the owa site in the browser it does not work unless i install the cert, but i still cant use mfe unless im on wifi, i have been on support with tmo and nok all week with no luck...this is the only problem keeping me from having mobile harmony. Any help fixing this will be appreciated. I work in the IT dept, and i looked @our exchange07 server and we allow non prov devices. We have tons of iphones and androids running around, so i assumed it was a TMO issue. It used to work on my e71, then after i called tmo to tell em i got a new device (coming from a g1) it stopped working on the e71 as well!
this has all been very frustrating, i am about to sling this device to pay off all the ETFs on my family plan and just get the moto droid or, dare i say, an iPhone....
1. Just get your root certificate installed on the device so that it is seen in the certificate store (server sertificate!), lot of instructions to do that on this forum..
2. Go to xterm:
cd /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/
3. see the directory contents:
ls -lh
; there should be a long file (something like x89x8x7087873234324.pem and then a short symlink to it 89737443.pem )
4. then just make the symlink:
cd /home/user/.activesync/certs/
ln -s /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/* .

this did the trick for me! But do this on your responsibility!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to labra For This Useful Post:
THanks for the quick response!, i tried that and it didnt work, It was not for nothing though, i am convinced it is a provider issue and i did learn a little bit about symlinking after reading up on it and seeing your commands.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
Originally Posted by labra View Post
1. Just get your root certificate installed on the device so that it is seen in the certificate store (server sertificate!), lot of instructions to do that on this forum..
There are allot of methods, but which one did you use?

Originally Posted by Azimalicous View Post
Can you confirm that you can get to your activesync server via tmobile. ie by using your browser.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I have many tasks with descriptions. How can I see these descriptions in N900?

With Nokia E90 it was possible to view and edit task descriptions.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
There are allot of methods, but which one did you use?
I used directly the .P7B certificate with all certificates instructed in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=98

The Following User Says Thank You to labra For This Useful Post:
Hi,

A simple question from me is, can i synchronize my Microsoft Outlook mails with N900, besides Calendars, Notes & Contacts?

If its not possible now, is that planned for next software upgrade?

Thanks

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!