Notices

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I am a fan of Nimbuzz, but in all honesty, the new Maemo OS negates the need. All of its functions are included.

I'd much rather see the Nimbuzz IM protocol added as a plugin to the Contacts. Or is that what you're wishing for, and not a Nimbuzz app for Maemo? Because Maemo supports all of the same IM protocols, plus the SIP/VOIP services, unless I've missed something.
the goal is not the availability, but the variety!
one more app in the maemo's repository, is symbolic for me!
And how about those not able to have the N900?

Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
So no real advantages over Fring..
If u believe to have all the necessary in fring, u could keep using it, noby force u to use nimbuzz, nor to stop using fring.
all is about a taste and choice.
freedom!, man that's what our community is about.

Thank u all for voting or trying to vote. Some people don't believe the community to be big enougth to deserve a version for the apps they are doing, and I think we have to make thing hapening for our selves, by leting people knowing that we are here, wherever and when ever we are given the opportunity.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I'd like to know from others already having the n900 if the old fring package is able to run on the new os and device.
The old package is good enough for me

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
I wish we have both for OS2008 and OS2009

fring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3c3...eature=related

and

NIMBUZZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOhl3...eature=related

all are good stuffs,
but I already know what one of them think about us so...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I am a fan of Nimbuzz, but in all honesty, the new Maemo OS negates the need. All of its functions are included.

I'd much rather see the Nimbuzz IM protocol added as a plugin to the Contacts. Or is that what you're wishing for, and not a Nimbuzz app for Maemo? Because Maemo supports all of the same IM protocols, plus the SIP/VOIP services, unless I've missed something.
Yes, I think you're right, except for Buzz and Skype. Unless the Skype for Maemo is included very much integrated, like with Nimbuzz. But I will wait for Maemo 5 and Nokia N900 in my hands before I wonder about a port for it. This is because I find the S60 version very well integrated, native whereas I feel the same for iPhoneOS version. But what i'd bring over Pidgin or Telepathy, I don't know (yet), and some stuff like sharing location I cannot get to work on Nimbuzz.

Nimbuzz for Symbian now also supports Twitter with a decent build-in client: http://blog.nimbuzz.com/2009/12/10/n...ter/#more-2517

Would be nice to have this functionality in an upcoming Maemo version.

Last edited by submono; 2009-12-13 at 05:27.

Nimbus should work via XMPP/Jabber, see
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Prot...ror11Messenger

I asked Nimbuzz via Twitter a while ago and this was the reply:

"we are looking into the possibility of supporting this device in the future, no fix date yet.Cheers!"

I haven't got a N900 yet, and not sure if I will end up with one, but having it all the IM's built into the contact list seems to be a great idea!

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Yes, I think you're right, except for Buzz and Skype. Unless the Skype for Maemo is included very much integrated, like with Nimbuzz. But I will wait for Maemo 5 and Nokia N900 in my hands before I wonder about a port for it. This is because I find the S60 version very well integrated, native whereas I feel the same for iPhoneOS version. But what i'd bring over Pidgin or Telepathy, I don't know (yet), and some stuff like sharing location I cannot get to work on Nimbuzz.
As I'm sure you are now aware, Skype is totally intated out of the box. Does this now remove the need for yet another app that is there purely for 'me too'?