Active Topics

Notices

ok.. i enjoy this game... but im i stupid that i cant exit the game?? how do you exit this game or go back to menu.??

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by keljuk View Post
Yep. That's the firmware revision.
Is the screen resolution fixed or does the device scale resolutions higher and lover than the native?
If so I probably should try to get my hands on the config file.

I tweaked the graphical settings and now i'm getting around 20 fps which is enough.

Another problem is the accelerometer movement. First of all - it's terribly positioned so that the player character stands still when you hold the device upright.

Second I'd actually want to try some other configurations like aiming with accelerometer and moving/shooting w keyboard.

Or just disable the darn thing and use just kb and touchscreen.
Oh and another question: can you somehow change the mouse from this joystick-kind-of-mode to linear mode so I could aim with it like I would aim with a normal mouse.

just got my *** handed to me by some easy bots
this config makes more sense to me! How do we get it done?

Originally Posted by RinoG View Post
Am i the only one with issues on the accelerometer?
If i just start a game with device on plain the char spins left continuously, i have to tilt n900 by 45° right to have it stop spinning.
Is there any way to calibrate it? I cannot play with hw keyboard as italian layout differs a lot, we have up/down keys in 2nd fnc...
I know i may change sw keyboard layout but i would really like to play with accelerometer.
On the other hand Bounce is running fine, so i think this is a mess with openarena only.
Any help?
Tks.
Help...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Help...
Use W, A, S, D buttons they should work by default. Atleast they do for me.

EDIT: As for the accelerometer, I dont know how to fix this. Does accelerometer games like enigma work correctly for you?

Do mods work? There is a DBZ and Gundam mods for Q3 that I want to try...

is Quake in extras-testing yet or is it still in devel

My Blog

Hello! I see that Quake 3 can be installed in n900, but I don't know how to do it? Can you explain me it? I'm from Poland, so I could overlook something.

Install ioquake and openarena from extras-devel.

The repo had trouble earlier on, and was giving the libgles install error.

Am i the only one with issues on the accelerometer?
If i just start a game with device on plain the char spins left continuously, i have to tilt n900 by 45° right to have it stop spinning.
Is there any way to calibrate it? I cannot play with hw keyboard as italian layout differs a lot, we have up/down keys in 2nd fnc...
I know i may change sw keyboard layout but i would really like to play with accelerometer.
On the other hand Bounce is running fine, so i think this is a mess with openarena only.
Any help?
Tks.
I got this to occur the second time I played Open Arena. I thought it could be a bug with the autoaim.

You have to center the aim using the stylus on the touchscreen.

I had a problem with always looking up, and realised.

Then accelerometer works great!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mozr For This Useful Post: