Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark
After getting nowhere with looking for config files and whatnot for the changing my scandinavian keyboard layout, to make it useable with misc emulators and Masters of Ur-Quan, as my up/down are functions of left/right, I realised something.

All the N900 are the same underneath and the keyboard and ones native letters is just some buttons put on top of the "real" keyboard buttons.

So if you go into Settings->Test Input and change your Hardware keyboard layout to English, Nederlands you get fully functioning arrowkeys.

On the scandiavian keyboard
Left = .
Right = Right arrow
Up = Æ/Ä
Down = Left arrow

On the german/italian keyboard
Left = .
Right = Right arrow
Up = á
Down = Left arrow

Don't know all variations of the N900 keyboard layouts, but you get the idea. Basicly the arrowkeys will be where they are on the English version of the N900.

Also, I would like to make a proposal for all emulator/game makers:
Make the emulator switch to english keyboard layout automatically, dont know if its possible to only change keyboard layout for one window or just change it back to what it was before, when the window looses focus/when multitasking.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Last edited by bitcrusher; 2009-12-13 at 13:17.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bitcrusher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
For Europeans, the English (Nederlands) keyboard works fine with games needing arrow keys.

You can change this in Parameters>text input.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aweb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Funland
Great workaround, guys. Makes life a lot easier for us scandies and other people using them weirdo characters.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Bitcrusher you are truly a king among men... [dreamy voice] a king among men...

And kudos to the porter of Masters of Ur-Quan... this game is awsome and fun and I am willing to spend a great deal of my life playing it... once again! This time on my mobile device instead of my old old PC with 4 mb ram and 170 mb HD :-P

does anyone know of a mini app that can be triggered and sort of quick switch between say layout A and Layout B???

( so one can put a shortcut of the app on one of the desktops)

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
I changed BurgerSpace to use:

H=Left
K=Right
U=Up
M=Down
Space=pepper (e.g. shoot)

That seems to work pretty well on all keyboards too. If your game has many controls though that might not work.

-Jeff