Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
Currently (Missed calles / New SMS / New IM / New eMail) notifications don't appear on your desktop, you have to click on the Active Tasts button to see these notifications.

It would be great to have a widget that you can add to one or more of your desktops that aggregates your notifications in a compact way such that you can notice your notifications easily

you can vote for this idea and propose solutions here

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ations_widget/

Last edited by chemist; 01-12-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Title Change

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 307 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Burnaby, BC, Canada
If I'm not misunderstanding your idea, this already exists, and I have it installed currently. In my general use, though, I'm at least as likely to have one or more apps open as I am to have it on the home screen, so I don't really mind tapping the switcher button. Aside from the extra tap, I think the notifications are quite elegant. But anyhow, yes, there is a widget for this, so please try it out, and if it works for you, you should probably close the Brainstorm thread
Cheers
Blog: http://ffejery.creativemisconfiguration.com
New users look here if the volume settings are confusing you.
"Ssh! I'm in a terminal."

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
If I'm not misunderstanding your idea, this already exists, and I have it installed currently. In my general use, though, I'm at least as likely to have one or more apps open as I am to have it on the home screen, so I don't really mind tapping the switcher button. Aside from the extra tap, I think the notifications are quite elegant. But anyhow, yes, there is a widget for this, so please try it out, and if it works for you, you should probably close the Brainstorm thread
Cheers
Thanks jaem, can you tell me where do I find this Widget?

Cause currently the only notification you get on your desktop is a change in the color of the switcher button from blue to white, which isn't that visible

It's called "Conversations Inbox", or some such, and it should be in extras.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
It's called "Conversations Inbox", or some such, and it should be in extras.
But it don't show e-mails.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhmv For This Useful Post:
Neither missed calles

ah, I missed that... sorry. Well, I think it's Open Source, so presumably that could be added. I don't have time to look into it now, though. If nobody else responds after a while, you could try e-mailing the author of the widget (the e-mail address should be listed under Details in the App Manager), and suggesting it to them - but if they don't agree, then either figure it out yourself, find someone else who's willing to do it, or live without. Open Source coders are usually a pretty helpful bunch, but if it isn't a priority for the developer, then you have the option of exercising your rights to fiddle with the code, or convince someone else to fiddle with it for you.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,062 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I like rami's idea. The Conversations inbox widget only handles SMS messages. It also has a major flaw. When you have a message and tap the widget, it just clears out. I doesn't bring you to the conversations app as it should.

Originally Posted by larsoy View Post
I like rami's idea. The Conversations inbox widget only handles SMS messages. It also has a major flaw. When you have a message and tap the widget, it just clears out. I doesn't bring you to the conversations app as it should.
Maybe something more like this? (obviously not in the same form-factor)