Posts: 49 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicago usa
my device has been fine for quite a while, but just recently my ear piece just stopped working normally.

like when someone calls or i call it would connect on the screen, but i hear nothing until i put my thumb around or near the ear piece then it works, or of course press on the phone next to my cheek harder (but who does this?)

also for the keyboard part.. that little divider thing from the bottom of the keyboard to the outer case part popped out in the middle which i thought was weird. so i tried to push it back in and it cracked and is now very unsightly

do you think any of these problems would warrant me a replacement? but would that mean i have to wait 20 to 30 days right?

any help or insight would be good

Last edited by fiendskillz; 2009-12-14 at 07:12.

anyones wanna help?

have u dropped you device or something that could harm it like that ?

i accidently dropped it after my original post and my earpiece was working fine again, but then it went back to not being able to hear again.. but i haven't dropped it before any of this started and i babied it too lol

mm then u need for sure to get a replacement i mean its best choice since its for sure hardware problems so if i were u i would contact nokia ASAP & i think it depends in which country u live ( the stock thing ) but if nokiausa am sure the replacement will be fast.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Hey there! I've got the same issue ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=earpiece ) with the ear piece. First it occured only in cold conditions. Today it stops working even in normal conditions. I do the same: press with a thumb to the ear piece.

I guess we both have defective units. I'll send mine back to Amazon tomorrow ... but this will of course break my heart!!! I hope the exchanged phone will be free of hardware problems.